- Scheduling and tracking survey requests via phone, email, and the Droplet Evaluator database.
- Educating the public on water conservation, a sustainable landscaping, and relevant irrigation equipment upgrades.
- Cross-promoting other relevant programs to the customer.
- Acting as a consultant to encourage reasonable measures to Improve their property’s Irrigation water-use efficiency.
- Preparing reports that summarize the survey findings, and thoroughly documenting customer Information for record keeping and report preparation using the program’s database.
- Special projects may be assigned, including but not limited to outreach and market research for local plant nurseries and Irrigation supply stores. Duties are split between field work In all weather conditions and office administrative work.
- Interest In educating people about water conservation, sustainable landscaping, and water efficient technologies. Ability to efficiently use MS Word, MS Excel, and cloud-based databases to help write reports.
- Customer service skills to help coordinate and schedule appointments.
- Organization to prioritize and track program duties.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis and to travel to participating properties.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Irrigation design, Installation, maintenance, and/or auditing;
- In-depth knowledge of sustainable landscaping practices, plant identification, and high- efficiency Irrigation equipment.
- Knowledge of nonpotable Irrigation practices such as rainwater catchment and graywater use.
- CLCA Water Management, QWEL, or Irrigation Association certifications.
- Willing to work part-time, yet a near full-time schedule will be considered for an appropriate candidate,