Field Engineering – 90% Travel Required - Raleigh, NC
Johnson Service Group is seeking Hardware Field Service Techs for our Client that provides large Medical Equipment.
The Field Tech is primarily responsible for hardware and software support of the customer solutions. They are actively involved in the setup, configuration of hardware and the software installation remotely or onsite.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in computer hardware, network, industrial or electronic medical equipment
- Work experience with Windows Operating Systems such as Windows XP, Windows7, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- Install, configure and support the customer’s hardware onsite.
- Communicate with Implementation Manager, the account and appropriate personnel about project status, milestones and problems and assist whenever needed to ensure compliance and follow-thru.
- Assist Implementation Managers with technical support during pre-implementation and installation
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and communication problems and coordinates the tasks necessary to solve them.
- Able to manage multiple requests at one time (multi-task)
- Manages individual schedules to complete all assigned requests
- AS/BS Degree in a related technical discipline (Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics or Engineering)
- Medical Device Equipment Experience
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Administrative level knowledge covering Windows workstation and server distributions through Windows 2016.
- Knowledge of general mechanical and electrical devices.
- Experience with basic hand tools.
- Office Software: Excel, Outlook, Visio, Word
- Demonstrated strong customer service and excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have the ability to work in the field from a home office or remote location.
- Fluency in managing business travel, continuing education, expenses, and customer engagements independently.
- Understanding of Network Standards/Protocols such as IEEE 802.1, 801.2, 802.3, 802.11, TCP/IP, SMB/CIFS, Telnet, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, DNS
- Security software such as McAfee Virus Scan 7.x - 8.x, as well as other antivirus software (standalone or centralized, e.g. Symantec Endpoint) and Firewalls.
- Possess the ability to work independently with little direction; must be a motivated self-starter.
- Certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft or Novell (e.g. A+, Network+, MCP, MCSE/A)
- Travel can be up to 90%
- The ability to travel and be on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Note: Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.