Major purpose:The Financial Analyst partners with leadership to manage the day-to-day financial operations of the business. This position executes accurate and complete financial analysis. The incumbent develops, interprets and implements effective financial reporting, forecasting, and budget processes. This position will provide financial and integration support for a newly acquired business unit.
Major functions:• Assists with the development and implementation of accounting and finance policies and procedures.
• Prepares short-term forecasting (STF), including P&L and balance sheet analysis.
• Prepares various monthly internal and external financial reporting.
• Maintains financial models to be used by management in business planning.
• Communicates monthly financial performance to key stakeholders.
• Tracks monthly cost for IR&D and B&P projects.
• Leads the creation and reporting of the annual financial plan.
• Prepares analysis on projects and capital purchases.
• Calculates & analyzes monthly overhead and G&A costs & rates. Leads the preparation of annual incurred cost submissions.
• Process incoming customer orders, send quotations, and track on-time shipments.
• Review new customer orders for terms and conditions and negotiate when necessary.
• Conducts ad hoc analysis as required by management.
• Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
• Perform job duties in a manner that maintains compliance w/environmental, health & safety regs, policies & procedures
• All other assignments as required.
Technical/Functional skills:• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), and skilled in accounting software applications
• Working knowledge of data collection, financial data analysis, and evaluation processes
• Program Finance and/or Cost Accounting experience is preferred
• Knowledge of Government accounting and design and application of rates is highly desired
• Possess exceptional communication (both oral and written) and listening skills, with a strong orientation to details, and the ability to make quick, informed decisions
• Demonstrated ability as a strategic thinker and experience in developing plans for short and long-term results
• Strong relationship building skills at all levels of an org & ability to work effectively across functions w/in a matrix environ.
• Proven success in a fast paced development & manufacturing environment & possess a willingness to take ownership, accept accountability & thrive under pressure
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and acute attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or other related discipline from an accredited university or college; or equivalent combination of training/education/experience.
• 3+ years of related experience.
• United States citizenship required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. Passport.
• Able to work weekends and evenings as required to meet company objectives.