Johnson Service Group (JSG) is teamed with a leader in the aerospace, defense and commercial markets. We are searching for an outstanding Engineering R&D Technician.
Summary of Job Scope:
- 7 plus years of as an engineering/product technician with Electrical and Mechanical systems.
- Solid working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Must have a E/M aptitude, as well as excellent engineering development lab experience
- Assemble new (prototype) and/or modified electro-mechanical components.
- Set up and perform testing on new, modified and production product designs under operating conditions, utilizing written/verbal instructions from project/product engineering.
- Participate in the installation of equipment for test fixtures, connect valves, pumps, hydraulic, electro-mechanical controls, cabling, tubing, power source and instrumentation, etc.
- Responsible for the servicing, maintenance and calibration of lab equipment.
- Will use a range of lab equipment for assembly and test of product samples.
- Record and review test results to ensure compliance.
- Inspect parts, system and/or component specifications through the use of a variety of inspection and test equipment.
- Support engineering in the transition of New Product Introduction (NPI) products into manufacturing assembly and test.
- Perform analysis/testing on systems to establish process capability.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical, hydraulic and electronic schematics and contribute to design changes.
- Ability to work from a variety of high precision electro-mechanical measurement equipment.
- Experience with test instrumentation and data acquisition systems (i.e. LabVIEW) and/or similar systems.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Education/Training & Certifications:
- Two-year technical degree, certification classes or equivalent technician experience with proficiency in mechanical or electrical systems required.
- Experience with lab instrumentation and data acquisition (such as LabVIEW).
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training is desired but not required.
- High School graduate is required and/or Associates Degree in a technical discipline and/or an accredited Technical//Trade certification.
Duration: Direct hire/Fulltime
Location: Santa Clarita, CA