EMS Operations Manager (Contract Manufacturer)
Johnson Service Group San Jose, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Must have Contract Manufacturing Experience
Johnson Service Group is looking for an Operations Manager for one of our Clients. This position will be working for a top international EMS company and is responsible for overseeing the management of all manufacturing areas to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist the company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long- and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives
- Develops and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards
- Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels as well as executive manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes, and results
- Manage production and planning departments. Establish planning and production guidelines and drive operational excellence.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvements for efficient budgeting.
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate results and provide cost efficient, but effective solutions.
- Develop and establish a process to level load demand and drive operational efficiency.
- Maintains production plan risk report highlighting material issues and production capacity constraints.
- Establish daily production meetings and provide risk reports to management for revenue impact to schedule.
- Establish, verify and maintain assembly lead time profiles by working closely with Engineering.
- Develop bench strength and lead the team through Mentoring and Coaching.
- Coordinate the efforts of cross-functional departments as required to ensure that programs are run within the requirements of the customer needs.
- Interface and support internal customers (program management, production, quality, engineering, etc,)
- Possess SAP proficiency for area of responsibility.
- Interacts with internal and external customers and colleagues, and other functional areas.
- Supports the Quality Management system including conformance to ISO based registrations and controls for the facility business plan based upon targeted market sectors.
- Manages conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, as well as partners with business executives and operations leaders in order to develop appropriate solutions.
- Prepares activity reports and other data input as required
- May include odd hour teleconferences with global facilities
Qualifications Required/Job Specifications:
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ experience in a combination of Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing areas in an NPI contract manufacturing facility in the EMS industry, with at least five (5) years management experience.
- 3+ years management experience within the Automotive industry highly desired
- German language fluency highly desired
- Possess a MA/MS degree in industrial, mechanical or business administration or equivalent experience
- Proficient with PC-based software including SAP and Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail oriented; ability to multitask
- Demonstrated effective leadership abilities required
- Possess strong analytical, communication, listening, and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals from multi-cultural backgrounds, and build trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, at all levels within the organization.
- Possess conflict resolution skills, and ability to apply techniques at all levels of the organization.
- Possess a high level of integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Must be self-directed, dependable, and motivated with excellent relationship and time management skills.
- Must be able to learn various software systems quickly.
- Understands the competitive dynamics in electronic manufacturing services and NPI process.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, as well as partnering with business executives and operations leaders in order to develop appropriate solutions.
- Develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors, and representatives of external organizations.
- Strong, effective organizational skills required; detail- and data oriented; ability to multitask
- Possess excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Ability to read, and interpret engineering instructions, schematics, technical procedures, and various reports
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra, statistics, and geometry
- Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems
- Ability to keep accurate documentation
- Possess a high level of integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees;
- Available to work the days and hours necessary to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks. Must be available (especially during regular business hours or shifts) to communicate with subordinates, supervisors, customers, vendors, and any other person or organization with whom interaction is required to accomplish work and goals.
But don’t just trust us – let our accolades tell the story. For the past six years, JSG has been named to a variety of prominent Staffing Industry Analyst (SIA) award lists including: Largest U.S. Staffing Firms, Largest Canadian Staffing Firms, Fastest Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, and Largest U.S. Engineering Staffing Firms.
People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We’re always looking for passionate and talented business development and recruiting professionals who want to build a future with one of our nationwide teams. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance options, paid time off, sick time, 401(k) and more.
Johnson Service Group
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies. We can be found locally in more than 30 offices throughout the United States and Canada and make connections throughout North America. JSG continues to work diligently to offer our clients and candidates world-class service and diversified offerings to fit their evolving needs. Which is why we have recently expanded our consulting services to include information technology consulting in addition to our wide array of staffing services. But don’t just trust us – let our accolades tell the story. For the past six years, JSG has been named to a variety of prominent Staffing Industry Analyst (SIA) award lists including: Largest U.S. Staffing Firms, Largest Canadian Staffing Firms, Fastest Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, and Largest U.S. Engineering Staffing Firms. People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We’re always looking for passionate and talented business development and recruiting professionals who want to build a future with one of our nationwide teams. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance options, paid time off, sick time, 401(k) and more.
AddressSan Jose, CA