Development Engineer - (Aerospace Industry)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JSG is looking for a Design / Project / Development Engineer to join the team in Moorpark, CA.
The Development Engineer is the technical lead on projects and is responsible for technical aspects of the product design from concept through development, qualification and production. The Development Engineer will perform conceptual development and modeling of energetic and electro-mechanical components and systems, ensuring product designs meet the customer requirements.
- Create 3D conceptual models to meet design requirements
- Select material specification to meet environmental requirements
- Perform design trade studies, hand calculations, and tolerance studies to ensure design fidelity
- Interact with customers on design, interface and functional details
- Interact with suppliers to rapid prototype parts for risk reduction and prototype testing
- Participate in problem solving and failure analysis activities
- Requirements generation, allocation and flow down
- Cost estimating and management for both proposal and program activity
- Leading the project throughout the product development life cycle
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline (mechanical preferred) and a minimum of 4 years of experience in product design of defense and/or aerospace products.
Required experience includes:
- Ability to apply customer requirements and government/military specifications to new product designs
- Demonstrated experience generating 3D solid models & 2D drawings (SolidWorks preferred)
- Capable of applying GD&T, and understanding how it effects part cost and manufacturing
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction with various levels of management and customers
- Proven ability to interpret and analyze mechanical, chemical and/or electrical specification requirements and data
- Demonstrated competency in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance
- Must be a U.S or naturalized Citizen capable of working on U.S. DoD and ITAR restricted products.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson Service Group
TechnologyView all jobs at Johnson Service Group
Get fresh Aerospace Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.