Customer Support Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnson Service Group is seeking a Helpdesk - Technical Support Engineer (Hardware/Software) Excellent Customer Service Needed! This will be a contract assignment for 18 Months.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing support for all our clients customers. This position is responsible for troubleshooting issues in many areas such as, mechanical, hardware and pneumatic failures, software issues, network analysis and user related questions. The Engineer must exercise judgment to determine the source of the problem and the most appropriate way to resolve. The Technical Assistance Center provides technical support on a 24/7/365 basis.
The role will provide technical support for products installed throughout the customer base. The role will support calls via phone, e-mail, direct consultation and assures prompt, courteous and professional service to our customers by effective communication, timely follow-up and technical expertise. The successful candidate will also need a clear understanding of when to escalate more complex and urgent issues.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related customer solutions
- Take ownership of support requests seeing them through to resolution to give excellent service that is key to our customer experience creating more promoters of the service provided
- Provide technical support solving problems for customers on multiple products
- Complete detailed reports listing technical assistance requests creating documentation to assist internal staff and customers to better understand troubleshooting of products and features
- Research, diagnose and troubleshoot customer technical support system issues to resolve in a timely manner
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time, while quickly determining if issues are more complex and need to be escalated
- Educate customers as necessary to proactively enable them to resolve issues
- Utilize the organization’s tools and knowledge base and collaborate with team members to determine proper troubleshooting course of action
- Proactively identify trends at customer sites with respect to hardware and software that can lead to problems
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office & Operating Systems
- Understanding and strong troubleshooting experience with computer hardware (Example: Monitors, printers, power supplies)
- Passionate transformer for helping customers by living and breathing team with a relentless ability to get things done well
- Create real value for the customer in every interaction
- Have desire, ability and the humility to appreciate, apply and share learnings to improve self and others
- Ability to diagnose complex problems and deliver analysis of root causes across a technology stack and hardware up to and including mechanical, electrical and pneumatic equipment
- Aptitude to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and do the right thing during stressful situations
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience working with computer hardware/software troubleshooting
- 2+ years of work experience in a technical support role with direct customer contact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or Electro-Mechanical concentration preferred
- Previous work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies
- Strong knowledge of SQL & Oracle
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Zendesk)
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical systems.
- Office environment /Work from home (requires functional, quiet environment)
- Must be able to work fluctuating schedule during various hours, requiring on-call shifts
- Occasional travel (5%)
But don’t just trust us – let our accolades tell the story. For the past six years, JSG has been named to a variety of prominent Staffing Industry Analyst (SIA) award lists including: Largest U.S. Staffing Firms, Largest Canadian Staffing Firms, Fastest Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, and Largest U.S. Engineering Staffing Firms.
People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We’re always looking for passionate and talented business development and recruiting professionals who want to build a future with one of our nationwide teams. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance options, sick time, 401(k) and more.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson Service GroupWhy Work Here?
Do not miss the opportunity to work for one of the most established and fastest growing companies in the US.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over 35 years of experience investing in people and companies. We can be found locally in more than 30 offices throughout the United States and Canada and make connections throughout North America. JSG continues to work diligently to offer our clients and candidates world-class service and diversified offerings to fit their evolving needs. Which is why we have recently expanded our consulting services to include information technology consulting in addition to our wide array of staffing services. Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AddressCranberry Township, PA