Assistant Engineer - Water Quality
- $45 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Johnson Service Group is looking for an Assistant Engineer for one of our Clients in San Jose. This person will provide support to the group by performing a variety of engineering work for production and delivery of drinking water to the Santa Clara County residents and businesses. This position will be supporting water quality and process engineering. This is a part-time (20-30 hours per week) opportunity for 6-12 months paying $44.62 per hour.
- Analyze and evaluate historical operational and water quality data for water treatment plants by using Operational Data Management System (ODMS) and OSISoft PI.
- Create new reports, excel queries, and dashboards in response to data requests.
- Compile water quality data of the reservoirs and treatment plants by creating Excel tables and charts for summary.
- Assist with implementation of EIM Locus database for accessing laboratory data.
- Assist with implementation of filter monitoring and inspection program, including water sample collections at different treatment plants; performing filter floc retention analysis; compiling operational data, and creating and updating Excel tables and charts.
- Must be able to perform field work such as sample collection at water treatment plants or reservoirs/creeks.
- Assist water quality engineers as needed on bench-top, pilot-scale and plant-scale studies.
- Assist with source water management projects as needed.
- Performing statistical analysis and preparing reports.
- Attending webinars and notetaking.
- Preparing regulatory summaries.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil engineering, environmental engineering, environmental science, or a field related to assigned functional area(s).
- 1+ years professional engineering experience.
- Experience with water quality monitoring and analysis preferred.
- Experience working with operations, maintenance and/or field staff preferred.
- Experience with bench-top and/or pilot studies is ideal.
- Understand water treatment, water chemistry and process engineering.
- Utilize software applications (i.e., Microsoft Office) to complete work assignments.
- Have basic laboratory skills including measuring pH, chlorine residual, turbidity, performing bench-scale jar test, etc.
- Have basic programming experience and knowledge of programming logic (e.g., VBA Script Excel, Matlab, R-code, C, C++).
- Have knowledge of drinking water regulations.
- Able to work on projects independently and collaborate with others if needed.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
- Work outdoors on a year-round basis when needed, under a variety of climatic and geographic conditions.
- Able to carry and/or maneuver objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record is required and be able to drive on rural roads and highways.
People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We are all about growing and investing in our staff. JSG’s mission is to empower people, help our clients reach their goals, and hire motivated individuals.
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Work for a company with great culture and room to grow your career.
Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with almost 40 years of experience investing in people and companies. We can be found locally in more than 30 offices throughout the United States and Canada. JSG continues to work diligently to offer our clients and candidates world-class service and diversified offerings to fit their evolving needs. People and culture make JSG a great place to work. We are all about growing and investing in our staff. JSG’s mission is to empower people, help our clients reach their goals, and hire motivated individuals. Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson Service GroupSan Jose, CA
WebsiteView All Johnson Service Group Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.