Accounts Payable Clerk
Johnson Service Group Akron, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Johnson Service Group, Inc., is actively seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to work with our client in the Akron, OH area. This is slotted as a contract opportunity working with a dynamic organization and our client is hiring immediately.
- Accounts Payable Clerk performs routine tasks in support of the accounts payable process within the US Financial Shared Service Center. The primary responsibility is the accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices and reconciling payable ledger accounts.
- Process a high volume of purchase invoices (including credit notes) according to defined policies and procedures
- Understand the 3-way matching concept of the purchase order to payment
- Review accounting documents to identify unusual or overdue items and escalate to the appropriate Accounts Payable team member accordingly
- Open departmental mail and prepare for scanning into SAP.
Maintains appropriate filing systems for financial documentation
- Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for FSSC management
- Resolve invoice discrepancies by utilizing workflow technology and liaise with appropriate business units to determine cause and solution
- Work to adhere to service level agreements (SLA's) and performance targets related to accounts payable activities.
- The support period ends with financial closing activities for Accounts Payable and other departments.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. Occasionally additional hours are required as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external audience
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain focused on the objective
- Strong knowledge of analytical tools, spreadsheets, and databases in the current company operating system environment (MS Office) and IT
- Solid data entry skills and working knowledge in MS applications; Excel and Word SAP accounting systems experience desirable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of standard accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Problem solver, effective communicator and strong data entry skills are required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and accurate data entry skills
Since our start in 1984, we’ve worked hard to establish our present position as the most effective cross-industry staffing solution available.
JSG’s growth now extends to offices throughout the nation. We serve both busy recruiters and qualified candidates within multiple industries from our major offices headquartered in Chicago with local offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Johnson Service Group
At JSG, we understand people and it’s our mission to help our clients reach their goals by being able to hire talented people. Since our start in 1984, we’ve worked hard to establish our present position as the most effective cross-industry staffing solution available. JSG’s growth now extends to offices throughout the nation. We serve both busy recruiters and qualified candidates within multiple industries from our major offices headquartered in Chicago with local offices throughout the United States and Canada.