This position is in Suffolk, VA
We are seeking an associate with strong secretarial skills to join our legal team! You will be responsible for the deveopment and progression of personal injury litigation under the direction of the lead attorney.
- Draft correspondence, pleadings and other formal documents under the direction of an attorney
- Plan and schedule appointments and events
- Greet and assist clients throughout litigation
- Answer inbound telephone calls
- Develop and implement diary and filing systems
- Perform all other office tasks
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, including styles and formatting, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., PowerPoint and Excel) required
- Previous experience in legal office, insurance industry or other related fields is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, including proofreading and grammatical accuracy of documentation required
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement to achieve objectives in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to multitask with critical deadlines, and to function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability required
- A high degree of professionalism and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality