Field Services Technician - Level 3 (Silent-Aire Mission Critical Services)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
As a part of Johnson Controls' Data Center Solutions business unit, Silent-Aire is on the forefront in the creation of new and exciting products to support the data center industry. Our custom computer room air handling units (CRAHU) are industry leading examples of some of the most highly energy efficient and sophisticated cooling systems in the world. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team-oriented group of technicians, engineers and managers working on a daily basis to develop data center cooling equipment that is changing the face of the data center facility. Take some time to learn about us and apply today! Help us drive customer wins and be a part of a team that believes that through teamwork, leadership, and collaboration - anything is possible.
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation/holidays/sick time - 10 days of vacation, 10 paid holidays, and five sick days each year
- Comprehensive benefits package including 401(K) with match as well as insurance coverage that starts on day one (medical, dental, and vision care)
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
What we look for
Supporting Silent-Aire's Mission Critical Services, you will work unsupervised while making informed decisions to complete tasks as instructed. You will also complete detailed end of day reports with complete accountability for the time spent on the task and identify and report the difference between any manufacturing and construction deficiency. This will be completed by leveraging your knowledge and understanding of electrical, mechanical and control systems including the following technical skills-
- Electric Motors (3-phase and 1-phase)
- Electric motor controls (contactors, starters, relays, disconnects, transformers, etc.)
- Various types of water pumps
- Intake and exhaust fans
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Electrical component troubleshooting
- Understands VFDs
The Technician must be able to proficiently demonstrate the following tasks:
How you will do it
- Check in with Manager after the end of each workday while in the Field.
- During, and/or at the end of each day/job, complete all company provided forms to the fullest extent possible.
- Responsible for time management of jobs scheduled each out of town.
- Check in with client at the beginning and end of each day.
- Obtain client signature on company provided forms where applicable.
- Use Time Clocks in the plant and ADP app when in the Field to account for daily times.
- Hand in paperwork at the end of each trip for processing in sequential order.
- Ensure all receipts or invoices for expenses have job numbers and get sent to the correct person.
- Ensure all excess materials used for each job are listed properly and documented.
- Assist on job sites with other Silent Aire Field Technicians as needed.
- Answer all office emails/calls in a timely manner.
- Check in as needed to ensure Manager or field supervisor are aware of your status.
- Secure parts and tools needed throughout the day for various jobs as required.
- Report all warranty repairs to the Manager or field supervisor and provide the necessary info needed to report back to the plant if it is a Silent Aire internal problem.
- Set expectations to other team members.
- Consult Manager or field supervisor in times of uncertainty.
- Give training to Field Technician II and support.
- Report to Plant Managers when not in the field.
- Must be able to build client confidence in company.
- Must respect and strictly adhere to the non-disclosure policies, on the jobsite and away.
- Provide information to management on training needs and courses of interest.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the parts and tools for each day's activities.
- Complete work in a timely and workman like manner.
- Coordinate with dispatcher for the use of company tools and ensure they are returned to the office in a timely manner.
- Participate in company-wide internal meetings as required.
- Maintain company tools in a professional manner.
- Must maintain all safety equipment at all times
What we look for
- Fully understand and master electrical and control systems and how electricity works.
- Can identify 3-phase versus single phase wiring
- Understand how electricity flows AC and DC currents
- Fully understand Parallel and Series circuits
- Fully understand OHMS Law and can use a multi-meter to read voltage, resistance values.
- Must be able to troubleshoot large electrical circuits
- Fully understand the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, and distribution
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Able to assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Fully understand and has mastered the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units
- Understand the process of treating air so as to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution
- Able to use a psychometric chart to determine the results of mixing air having various properties
- Can identify the components in the SAM units, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems associated to the equipment, use meters and other handheld tools to perform maintenance and to troubleshoot
- Fully understands operation of the Silent Aire CRAHUs and AHUs
- Basic knowledge of Windows Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Must have at least an Apprentice license or at least ten years of trade-related work experience, or any similar combination of education and experience
- Must have attended factory training over the course of time in the trade
- Multiple seminar certifications
- Must gain excellent logistical knowledge of customer's onsite practices.
- Must be able to drive to local job sites on a request basis
- On-call and overtime hours as needed
- Knowledge of operating principles of various types of cooling/refrigeration equipment and systems
- Knowledge of electricity and electrical and solid state control systems
- Knowledge of safety practices and building codes
- Customer service skills
- Previous experience with start up and commissioning responsibilities at customers facilities
- Ability to read, understand and work from blueprints, specifications, and schematics
- Ability to maintain required records and prepare reports
- Must possess valid passport/driver's license
- Aptitude and communications skills related to acting independently
- Technical and working knowledge of internal and industry design and construction codes and standards
- Proven planning, organizational, problem solving, decision-making, supplemented with a practical aptitude
- Ability to lift 40lbs and use ladders working from heights
- Industrial, Manufacturing Facilities and Field and office environments
- Experience working in highly sensitive and/or mission critical facilities
Travel is required to field worksite locations
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times
Follow all company policies and lead by example
Must be able to pass a DOD background check, requiring proof of US Citizenship
Willingness to travel to customer locations (domestic and international)
This is a safety sensitive position
Company uniform required
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.
Johnson ControlsAshburn, VA
Get fresh Field Services Technician - Level 3 (Silent-Aire Mission Critical Services) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.