What You Will Do
Our Sales Engineering (BEST) Program is a 12 month service/technical sales development program that focus on creating market share by strategic selling Johnson Controls' HVAC products and services to commercial customers. In this program you will have a chance to apply your technical engineering knowledge and business acumen to work with customers to better understanding their product and project needs by being the subject matter expert. As part of the program, you will participate in a 12 month training and development program combining classroom, field orientation, and on the job training. You will learn our offerings, customer relationship techniques and leadership skills in preparation for supporting customers in your territory alongside the sales team. You will be prepared to consult with architects, engineers, and building owners on product selections; partner with and learn from internal experts and deliver on business goals. You will be a critical part of a local sales team and a national network of sales professionals.
How You Will Do It
- Estimate job bids and prepare proposals with contractors, architects and building owners
- Coordinate with vendors and sub-contractors
- Complete sales calls to generate new business and build on existing relationships
- Present solutions to customers for consideration
- Collect and analyze market intelligence
- Turn projects over to operations team for execution and installations
- Currently pursuing (at a minimum) a bachelor's degree and graduating in Spring of 2019 or Fall 2019
- Preferred majors: Engineering
**PLEASE NOTE: BEST Development Program starts: January 27, 2020 - nonnegotiable. MUST HAVE COMPLETED DEGREE BY START OF THE PROGRAM**
- Strong analytical ability to solve problems and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams with minimum guidance
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Previous sales or engineering experiences through co-ops, internships, part-time or full time jobs (preferred)
Who We Are
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.