What you will do:
Under general direction, the Commercial HVAC System Specialist (CSS) profitably grows the BSNA brand of DX equipment & controls offerings (DX Packaged RTUs, VRF, and Verasys controls) by developing customer relationships with consulting engineers and design build contractors to earn trusted advisor status, achieve differentiated Basis of Design (BOD), and secure projects alongside Local Market Salespeople. In coordination with the Local HVAC Sales Manager, the CSS will prioritize opportunity accounts in their assigned Local Market(s) and then build and execute account plans to grow BOD, win rates, volume, and margin to exceed quarterly & annual plan. Partners with salespeople and/or sales agents assigned to these prioritized customer accounts to maximize account penetration, by actively inserting focus on the DX portfolio, and maximizes profit generation through influence on specifications and market pricing. Seeks to become the preferred supplier of DX equipment & controls ("trusted advisor and default spec" with consulting engineers and design build contractors), and in this effort continually delivers technical education and support to these customer accounts. Ensures customer retention and growth of assigned accounts. Effectively teams with and delegates to internal teammates including, Local Market inside support and Center of Excellence (COE) to ensure customer support and satisfaction. Utilizes sales tools, CRM, etc. to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts.
The CSS role requires collaboration and active teaming with various Ducted System functional teams in order to grow the DX business and best serve the customer needs. Collaboration with the following teammates will be required to drive results : Local Market salespersons and leadership, COE, Ducted Systems Regional Sales Managers, product management, marketing, application engineering, technical support and customer service, among others. As necessary beyond the COE, this role will coordinate provision of, or directly provide, sales and technical support for Local Market salespersons, which includes job take-offs, application engineering, and technical assistance.
How you will do it:
- Under direction of Local HVAC Sales Manager, manages a local market annual sales growth plan and accurately forecasts local market sales utilizing rigorous opportunity pipeline management.
- In collaboration & coordination with Local Market salespeople assigned to the customers, builds partnering relationships directly with assigned Consulting Engineer and Design-Build Contractor accounts to support basis of design (BOD) efforts, provide DX system design support and evaluate system tradeoff decisions based on first costs and lifecycle costs.
- Coordinates and participates in account management to support DX system growth in priority accounts with assigned salespeople. Is accountable for the execution of the DX sales initiatives within the account plans to ensure optimal coverage, penetration and share growth. Will use Salesforce CRM platform to house and update the account plans
- Consistently drives specifications towards BSNA DX offerings with consulting engineers and design build contractors, not only earning BOD, but also influencing written specifications to provide value to the customers and differentiation from competitors.
- Identifies, recommends and implements programs, tools and support necessary to increase sales productivity of DX offerings.
- Develops relationships with internal support, operations, and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and quickly addresses issues. Trains and mentors inside sales team to drive customer satisfaction.
- Champions DX product launches within the Local Market in conjunction with Product Business Unit (PBU) launch activities
- Acts as the primary Subject Matter Expert on DX offerings in Local Market and supports salespeople with customer education and presentations.
- Provides selling support through technical assistance to co-workers, customers, and others who may influence the purchase decision.