Project Specialist - Job Number 528
- Expired: December 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Project Specialist to join our Federal Systems team at our Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation's most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Shift: 7:00am- 3:30pm EST
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
Travel Required (if applicable):
As a Project Specialist, you will:
- Assist Project Managers on large and/or service order projects as well as general office administrative duties. May help support the execution of small, assigned projects.
- Assist in the selection, ordering, tracking, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for assigned projects and general office needs.
- May assist with developing project schedules
- Assists in the evaluation of contractual scopes of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes.
- Assists with management of costs, billings and collections.
- Assists with project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client.
- Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions. Escalates issues and concerns to higher level Project Management.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Escalates disputes as needed.
- Assists with preparing and issuing subcontracts.
- Supports project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager and/or service team members for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Assists Project Manager and / or sales in project development efforts. Assists to develop cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Position requires in person and over the phone interactions with customers.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience
- Strong personal computer working capabilities with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to obtain and maintain required security clearances for assigned sites. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- In order to meet the increasing demands of our customers and comply with the Federal orders, where legally permissible, we may require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and submit proof in our Johnson Controls Vaccination Tracker upon hire, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
- Management experience with projects related to HVAC controls, BAS management, Fire management, and Security management systems.
- Project Management software and financial accounting systems experience.
- Experience working with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) projects.
- Experience working with ordering and tracking of parts
- Experience supporting maintenance or construction related teams
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture or an Associates Degree with equivalent work related experience and minimum of two to three years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales' inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute's list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
37th StGunpowder, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
Get fresh Project Management Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.