Project Development Engineer - Overseas Team - Remote Virtual (Job number: 503)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have an interest in traveling the world? We are seeking a Project Development Engineer to join our federal team supporting U.S. military and other U.S. federal government sites Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). Our OCONUS team supports projects for the U.S. government, primarily for the Department of Defense, in foreign countries (no designated war zone countries). This is a remote (work from home) position with the ability to travel overseas as needed.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Location: Remote / Virtual (Work from home) with the ability to travel overseas as needed
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Travel Required: Up to 50%, primarily overseas.
As a Project Development Engineer, you will:
- Lead the design, development, scope definition, and cost development for large facility sustainment and modernization projects for U.S. Military and other federal government installations
- Works closely with Sales Account Executives to understand customer’s goals and challenges. Identifies technical opportunities to support established goals through maintenance, upgrades, and/or construction projects. Prepares concept presentations, sample Performance Work Statements, and preliminary equipment selections
- Conducts site surveys, system assessments, and initial data collection to develop preliminary concepts for large facility modernization and improvement projects (>$2M)
- Reviews customer RFPs, Performance Work Statements (PWS), and design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers. Prepares requests for information (RFIs) to clarify customer requirements. Generates value engineering concepts
- Writes and edits technical proposal narratives describing design-build concept in response to an RFP. The technical proposal includes a project schedule to support the written narrative.
- Ensures project scope of work is well-defined to verify feasibility of implementation, to ensure adherence to codes, standards, and agency requirements, and to mitigate cost and schedule risks
- Establishes ongoing relationships with the technical personnel within the customer’s organization
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams to develop cost estimates, scopes, project requirements and schedules. Responsible to manage and track multiple concurrent projects
- Applies appropriate methods to estimate baselines and potential savings in energy use, peak demand, water use, and/or operating costs and proposes appropriate M&V plans, based on the project scale and complexity
- Support the Operations team in identifying risks, risk management strategies, planning staffing, and developing schedules for project delivery
- Supports Operations team in “Post Award” technical activities, including site surveys, design reviews, and submittal preparation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 10+ years experience with project development for facilities/building improvement projects.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with large Mechanical Installations, Energy Management, HVAC systems, Building Automation, lighting, utility metering, fire alarm & protection, and/or renewable energy system projects
- Experience independently leading site surveys to assess facility systems for facility condition and energy savings opportunities
- Strong estimating skills and experience, preferably with RS Means or other estimating tools
- Capable of assessing design risk and being accountable for all elements of large projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, work effectively with others, drive for results, focus on the customer, & act ethically.
- Comfortable presenting in customer-facing situations
- Ability to travel overseas, up to 50%.
- S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances and/or badges as required to perform site duties. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Experience working for an MEP engineering firm or design build contractor
- Prior experience working on U.S. Military installations or supporting projects for Department of Defense and other federal government customers.
- Experience performing building energy simulation modeling (eQuest or EnergyPlus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineering license, CEM certification, and/or LEED AP accreditation.
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
BusinessView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
Get fresh Project Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!