OCONUS Region Operations Manager - South Korea / Japan (Job number: 717)
We are seeking a Region Operations Manager / Leader to join our federal OCONUS team primarily overseeing projects at U.S. military sites in South Korea and Japan. This is a remote position that can work from anywhere, however, preference will be given to a candidate living in South Korea or Japan. This position will require extensive international travel (if not based in South Korea or Japan full-time) and the successful candidate will be required to apply and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Location: Majority of the work is based in South Korea or Japan. Remote / virtual (work from home).
Pay: $135,000 - $155,000 plus 25% uplift when overseas.
Living Stipend: Monthly living stipend is provided to cover monthly living expenses if based overseas full-time
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
Travel Required: Extensive international travel required if not based in South Korea or Japan
Benefits: Eligible on first day of employment. International insurance is provided.
As an Operations Team Leader, you will:
- Manages the overall execution and performance of assigned Installation and/or Maintenance and Service (M&S) project teams, primarily in South Korea or Japan.
- Responsible for financial management (P&L) of assigned teams which includes revenue forecasting, billings, collections and resource planning. Ensures that portfolio of projects assigned to reporting PM’s comes in at or below estimated cost
- Assigns projects and ensures appropriate engineering, commissioning, quality control, and safety resources are assigned to those projects.
- Oversees and directs estimating and scheduling of project installation, as well as proposals, change orders, and change proposals
- Assists with recruiting Project Managers, Engineers, and other team members with the appropriate skills and competencies to meet the needs of the customer sites
- Ensures staff adheres to all safety standards to include EM 385-1-1 and our site specific accident prevention plans
- Develops and builds contractor, customer, consultant, subcontractor, and assigned team relationships
- Follows up on customer satisfaction issues and drives resolution. Provides leadership by demonstrating focus on achieving customer satisfaction (internal/external)
- Coaches teams on the management of project risks, conflict resolution, and establishment project recovery plans.
- Assists Regional Manager in preparation of annual strategic and financial operating plan.
- Assists Management, Sales, or Project Managers in the review and interpretation of contract terms and conditions.
- Assists project development team with operational metrics, cost structure, and local resources/contractors necessary to expand the Federal portfolio on-site
- Operations management experience in the Building Construction or Service Industry with direct project management experience. Experience supporting projects at military or other federal government sites strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience with the direct supervision of Project Managers.
- Demonstrated proficiency effectively managing a Profit and Loss (P&L) statement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relate technical information to non-technical teams
- Active Department of Defense security clearance is required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Experience leading or managing operations teams at U.S. federal government sites.
- Experience working with U.S. government contracts and federal procurement standards
- Experience leading/supporting projects related to commercial or industrial HVAC mechanical systems (chiller, boilers, etc) and HVAC Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Ability to live in South Korea or Japan on a full-time basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or a related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal SystemsNorfolk, VA
BusinessView All Johnson Controls Federal Systems Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.