Journeyman Mechanic (Job number: 488 )
- Expired: November 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an HVAC Journeyman Mechanic to join our federal team based at the Pentagon.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation's most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Benefits: Benefits provided through the local union
Travel Required: None, all work is based at the Pentagon
Other: Company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, and all necessary tools are provided
This is a bargaining unit (union) position.
As a Journeyman Mechanic, you will:
- Completes assigned maintenance and service duties; inspecting, diagnosing, servicing, repair and preventive maintenance of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves primarily HVAC mechanical problems, as well as some electrical and controls problems.
- Responds to service & warranty calls.
- Inspect, diagnose, service and repair mechanical systems using a variety of tools and instruments.
- Perform specified preventative maintenance including belt adjustments, oiling, greasing and cleaning of equipment.
- Perform prescribed non-destructive tests; collect and deliver samples for analysis
- 5+ years of commercial and/or industrial HVAC mechanical troubleshooting and service experience.
- Valid driver's license
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to obtain and maintain required government clearance and any other worksite specific badges. (This will involve a background/character, work experience, education, financial/credit and a criminal history records check). Active Department of Defense Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Chiller maintenance experience
- Boiler and steam operational & service knowledge.
- Mechanical Journeyman License
- Experience punching tubes and/or reclaiming refrigerant
- Current member of local union 486 or 602
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales' inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute's list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
This is a bargaining unit (union) position.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
1155 Defense PentagonArlington, VA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
Get fresh Journeyman HVAC Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.