HVAC Controls / BAS Technician (Job number: 535)
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a BAS Controls Specialist to join our federal team based at Fort Bragg (military experience not required). Our dedicated team has been supporting Fort Bragg with their energy efficiency and sustainability needs for over 15 years and recently won another exciting project helping support this team so we are looking to add to our team.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Location: Fort Bragg, NC. Company vehicle is provided.
Shift: Primarily day shift, Monday-Friday.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
Travel Required: None, all work is based at Fort Bragg
As an BAS Controls Specialist, you will:
- Act as an on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete HVAC controls and metering system projects with assigned customers in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: system programming, integration, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary
- Completes typical installation of hardware design and software programming using established standards as required.
- Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to Controls Technicians, System Technicians, Electrical Installers, System Designers, Subcontractors, and other less experienced team members.
- Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements, and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
- Assists with the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned via our web-based tool process
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and assists with monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- 5+ years of field experience in the HVAC controls industry; preferably with troubleshooting, maintenance, and service
- Technical, hands-on experience with commissioning and programming of digital HVAC controls systems (DDC controls).
- Knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems and equipment.
- Experience working with metering system projects
- The ability to communicate technical material to a nontechnical audience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and general windows environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances and/or badges as needed. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Proficiency with writing code for controller sequence of operations
- Proficiency with integration protocols (Bacnet, Lonworks, Modbus, etc)
- Technical Proficiency working with Metasys and/or Tridium Niagara software
- Experience managing or leading HVAC related projects and associated teams
- Technical Associates Degree
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
ConstructionView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?