Federal Proposal Manager - Remote / Virtual (Job number: 484)
- Expired: November 18, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to join our federal team. Responsible for winning competitive federal contracts and task orders by crafting compelling proposals that align our technical offerings with customer needs.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation's most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Location: Remote / Virtual (work from home) with the ability to travel as needed
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Travel Required: Minimal, up to 15%
As a Senior Proposal Manager, you will:
- Responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts, development engineers, strategic partners and proposal experts during the proposal effort to strategically develop and assemble technical material in accordance with the requirements of the solicitation documents.
- As the leader of the proposal effort, ensures compliance to the contractual requirements; combines various data sources including site-specific data, customer insight gained through our sales account executives, past experience, and technical data provided by our internal engineering team and partners to demonstrate that the proposed solution meets the project criteria, provides best value, and poses minimum risk to the government
- Responsible for generating and managing the proposal development plan, budget, timeline, and continuous improvement efforts to continually adapt to evolving market trends
- Develops and writes high quality proposals leading to selection on competitive DoD/federal ESPC/UESC/UMCS/ESS task orders and ID/IQ contracts
- Edits content from subject matter experts, and/or reviews text assigned to others, to ensure that the strategy, message, and customer vernacular flows in one voice throughout the final document.
- Participates in developing and managing the pursuit pipeline and identifying must-win opportunities for Johnson Controls
- Leverages and applies the full range of Johnson Controls world-leading products and services to develop cost effective solutions that comply with customer requirements.
- Analyzes specific requirements, provides insight, benchmarks data, mitigates risk and develops best practices from other proposals, debriefs, contracting offices and federal agencies as part of continuous improvement efforts.
- Prepares a library of previously used effective content, past performance projects, references, and energy conservation measures descriptions for recurring use on future proposals.
- Assists the sales team to prepare and present the evolving proposal details during internal management reviews throughout the procurement process
- Maintains networking relationships with consultants, general contractors, strategic partners and small businesses from the DoD and Federal industry and actively promotes Johnson Controls in the marketplace.
- Manages the final preparation of pricing estimates for review and approval by the corresponding managers and submits to customers as part of the proposal
- Coordinates the design and production of computer-generated graphics, charts, tables, multi-media graphics, and text material for visual presentation or import into the proposal document.
- Facilitates the transition of proposed solution details to the members of the project team after selection
- Participates in appropriate professional organizations and builds relationships within the Federal industry.
- Manage all MATOC and SATOC contract and proposal documentation for proper storage, archiving and disposal
- Leads or participates in other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience with the preparation and management of technical proposals within the Department of Defense (DoD) / Federal marketplace
- Strong leadership skills with the passion to win and demonstrated, proven success on competitive federal contracts
- Strong project management and/or leadership skills to lead large proposal development efforts
- Ability to clearly present engineering and technical content with the ability to address ever-changing federal agency and site requirements
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances and/or badges as required to perform site duties. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Experience working with proposal related to engineering, energy management, construction, and/or facility operations, with excellent knowledge of building-related systems and services
- Experience working with proposals related to ESS (Electronic Security Systems, UMCS (Utility Monitoring and Controls Systems), ESPC (Energy Saving Performance Contracts) or UESC (Utility Energy Service Contracts)
- Experience working with RFI and RFP processes
- Knowledge of Shipley proposal management process
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Law, Contract Management or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales' inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute's list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
191 Cambridge StreetBoston, MA
BusinessView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
Get fresh Senior Proposal Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.