Electronic Security Systems Installation Technician - Penn State University Park campus- Job Number
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Electronic Security Technician to join our federal team based at our Penn. State University Park campus location.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment.
Vacation: Three (3) weeks of paid vacation per calendar year.
As a Security Technician, you will:
- Conducts maintenance and service work of existing Electronic Security Systems (ESS) to include, but not limited to, access controls, intrusion detection, and camera systems. Specific systems include, but not limited to: SoftwareHouse C-cure 9000, Lenel, DMP, Bosch, Exacqvision, MDI and American Dynamics.
- May installs security devices and infrastructure at times in accordance with installation plan according to the national electric code, company and customer guidelines
- Assists with security system programming and setup.
- Conducts testing to ensure proper operation of equipment after installation or repairs
- Conducts testing of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May help prepare estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions from supervisor
- Conduct End-User training.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Performs other duties as required
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience installing, inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing of commercial and/or industrial integrated / electronic security systems for complex low voltage intrusion, access control, CCTV and digital recording systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, while establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Capable of using hand and power tools to properly mount and secure equipment
- Works well unsupervised and also as part of a team environment
- Active Department of Defense Secret clearance (or one that was active within the last 2 years). Active Top Secret clearance preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Softwarehouse C-cure 9000
- Proficiency working with commercial and/or industrial camera systems. Experience working with Bosch, MDI, and/or American Dynamics preferred.
- Softwarehouse C-Cure 9000 certified
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
AddressState College, PA
Real EstateView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
Get fresh Electronics Security Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.