Electronic Security Sales Account Executive - Federal Division - Remote/ Virtual (Job number: 580)
- Over a month ago
We are seeking a Senior Electronic Security (ESS) Sales Account Executive to join our federal team. At Johnson Control’s we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense, and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure. The Senior Security Account Executive is a senior level salesperson responsible for the profitable sales growth of new and existing accounts within in an assigned territory while maximizing customer satisfaction and retention.
Location: Flexible work location, in office or remote / virtual (work from home)
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
As a Senior Security Account Executive, you will:
- Increase market share by selling a broad range of Johnson Controls and other OEM electronic security products and services to new and existing federal customers.
- Utilize account management practices to penetrate and expand into accounts to sell the entire Johnson Controls portfolio of services including security, fire and building automation systems.
- Increase service agreement base by renewing and expanding existing customer service agreements.
- Act as Capture Manager for competitive solicitations, lead and contribute to the technical development, pricing, and written narratives of comprehensive winning proposals.
- Actively participate in and lead customer presentations and systems demonstrations utilizing technical knowledge, sales skills, and business acumen to assist in driving opportunities that create growth.
- Market and introduce JCI digital services to existing customers and new prospects
- Develop strategic account plans and strategy for key and target accounts.
- Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies and tactics; consistently apply time and territory management techniques.
- Assist application engineering resources in the solution design of building security systems (i.e., Access Controls, Intrusion Detection Systems, CCTV camera systems, data networks, etc.) at federal government sites.
- Collaborate with internal resources to improve operational delivery through the collection of customer feedback and emerging trends in the security industry.
- Work with Field Operations teams to ensure proper application of systems products to meet customer expectations.
- Conduct market research on the upcoming technologies expected to impact the Federal security business and maintain an understanding of existing account base needs and gaps.
- Ensure the use of Johnson Controls Federal Systems policies and procedures in all aspects of project preparation and implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and sales of large Electronic Security Systems (ESS) (Intrusion Detection Systems, Access Controls, CCTV, etc.) to federal government customers. 10+ years preferred.
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and Johnson Controls organizations. Technical writing experience strongly preferred
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Proven ability to manage complex, technical and enterprise level accounts
- Knowledge and experience with large integrated electronic security systems at federal government sites
- Knowledge and experience selling a broad range of industry systems; Softwarehouse Ccure 9000, Lenel, Bosch Video Management, Genetec, Vindicator, DMP, Exacqvision, etc.
- Capture management, proposal management, and/or technical writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sales/Marketing, Business, or a related field, or equivalent experience
Who We Are:
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
BusinessView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?