BAS Field Technician / Controls Specialist (BAS/DDC/BMS/UMCS/FRCS) - International / OCONUS (Job num
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a BAS Field Technician / Lead Controls Specialist to join our federal team supporting U.S. military and other U.S. federal government sites Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS). Our OCONUS team supports projects for the U.S. government, primarily for the Department of Defense, in foreign countries (no designated war zone countries). Travel is based on the project needs, but typically around 80%.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation’s most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Location: Virtual / Remote (work from home) - can be based anywhere in the United States. Will require up to 80% international travel in roughly 60 day durations. Will not travel to any designated war zone countries. All travel related expenses are provided by the company.
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
As a BAS Field Technician and Controls Specialist, you will:
- Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to execute and complete HVAC controls and other Building Automation System (BAS) projects with assigned customers in a safe and cost effective manner. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning, training and project closeout
- Participates in the installation of hardware designs and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors
- Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Test and write modifications to systems software
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation
- Follows all safety standards and has the highest regard for employee and subcontractor safety
- Must have technical, hands-on experience in system commissioning and/or programming of digital HVAC controls systems (DDC systems).
- Knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques
- Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems and equipment.
- Strong personal computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) and general Windows environment.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Must have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time to international / overseas locations (will not be sent to any designated war zone countries)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.). Active Secret (or higher) clearance strongly preferred.
- In order to meet the increasing demands of our customers and comply with the Federal orders, where legally permissible, we may require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and submit proof in our Johnson Controls Vaccination Tracker upon hire.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency working with Johnson Controls Metasys or Tridium® Niagara Direct Digital Control (DDC) system
- Experience with BAS communication protocols including at least one of the following: BACnet MSTP, BACnet IP, N2, P1, Modbus, and/or LON
- Experience using SMP, SCT, and/or CCT
- Experience supporting projects in foreign countries
- Prior experience supporting projects at U.S. military or other federal government sites
Who We Are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our Take a Journey video.
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
- Named to FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” List
- Corporate Knights Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Identified as a Sustainalytics Top-Rated ESG Performer for managing material ESG issues
- Received HRH The Prince of Wales’ inaugural Terra Carta Seal
- Ranked 67 on the Drucker Institute’s list of best-managed companies in America
- Named Chairman and CEO George Oliver IoT CEO of the Year for 2022
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls Federal Systems
ManufacturingView all jobs at Johnson Controls Federal Systems
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?