Network Engineer - Johnson Automotive
- Posted: over a month ago
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, network security and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate manner.
The position located in Raleigh, NC reports to the IT Director. The position will manage all aspects of the network and is a position that is in the office. The successful candidate will be a member of the IT department and will help lead a center of excellence in operations across our locations.
- Configure networks to ensure smooth and reliable operations
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Cisco switches, VG’s, SDWAN, Cisco Unified Communications, Barracuda mail filter, firewall, InterMapper, etc….
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, and processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Work effectively with our 3rd party vendors.
Education, Experience and Skills.
- 4-year college degree in information technology or related field or 4 years of relevant experience
- Certification in Network+
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, design, and implementation.
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Excellent knowledge SDWAN, Cisco switches, Cisco Unified Communications
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including switches, firewalls, Wireless access points, and routing.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience network troubleshooting using applications such as Putty, Wireshark, and network monitoring software.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Linux language and Python programming are a PLUS
Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Periodic physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to periodically stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (40 lbs).
- Some Travel is required.
- After hours support is needed at times and may be done remotely.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that will be encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed predominately indoors, although periodic visits to construction sites may be required.
- Noise level in the office work environment is normal.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) Plan
Johnson Automotive is an equal opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at Johnson Automotive
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?