If you’re an accountant looking for a new place to call home (or even if you’re just casually browsing to see what’s out there), this opportunity may hit all the items on your wishlist. For starters, you’ll be part of a team of people who actually like their jobs and their coworkers, which accounts for their very low turnover rate. It’s a culture that embraces work/life balance, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself working 45 hours per week instead of what you’re likely doing right now. You’ll be working as part of a team, but at the same time, you’re also the top finance person on staff (reporting directly to the General Manager).
What are they looking for? For starters, they do need someone with solid accounting skills (see below). In addition, you’ll be supervising two staff members. In the ideal world, you also come with supervisory experience. However, that’s not to say that someone with the accounting skills and who is a great fit with the company culture won’t be considered.
Technical Skills & Responsibilities:
- Drive the month-end close process including preparation of the majority of the journal entries and preparation of financial statements
- Oversee and mentor a staff of two who perform the A/P, A/R, and Payroll functions
- Utilizing Excel and Crystal Reports, prepare sales and financial reports as requested
- Coordinate with the outside CPA firm for the annual audit and tax preparation
- Support the sales team with reporting, metrics, and real-time data which helps them maximize their abilities
- Ability to use your solid accounting foundation to see the reasonableness in the numbers to produce both accurate and meaningful data for management decisions
What would make you a good fit?
In terms of the cultural fit, some of what they’re looking for is a candidate who is a great listener and has strong attention to detail. This role requires someone who can work independently and also as part of a team—someone who is confident and outgoing enough to easily communicate with both internal and external customers; yet not overbearing. Plus, it helps if you love what you do!
If you have these skills and are looking to join a growth minded yet well-established company then this may be the opportunity for you. Please apply now.
Location: Deerfield, MA
Target Salary Range: $65,000 – 70,000 with a strong and comprehensive benefits package