- $30 Hourly
Are you looking for an adventure? Johns Manville is looking to hire an Electromechanical Technician(s) in Fruita, CO. Fruita is located on the Western Slope of Colorado, 30 minutes from Grand Junction and 1.5 hours from Moab and from Glenwood Springs and is one of the premier outdoor sports locations in the US.
Pay Rate: $30.50/hr. + $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Swing Shift 3:00pm - 1:30am
This is a skilled labor position working to install, repair and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment in and around the plant. Employee must be dependable, able to follow instructions and directions, according to established operating procedures, perform the following duties while cooperating with all levels within the organization in support of the four Johns Manville core values: People, Passion, Perform and Protect.
Your Day to Day:
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
- Understanding of power systems, electrical codes, and standards
- Ability to work with plant engineers, vendors, contractors and others to complete approved projects.
- Performs circuit repairs or new installations as required on either capital or expense projects.
- Will be required to perform electrical testing and troubleshooting on circuits with nominal voltages of 120 VAC or less.
- Will be required to perform electrical testing and troubleshooting on circuits that have potential arc flash incident energy up to, but not exceeding 4 cal/cm2 (NFPA 70E Category 1).
- May perform repairs on electrical circuits that do not surpass the voltage and arc flash incident energy levels described above, provided the equipment being repaired is in an electrically safe work condition (deenergized, LTCT, and verified for the absence of voltage). No live repair work is permitted.
- Works from all types of electrical drawings (one line, ladder, and schematics) and is able to work without drawings when necessary.
- Possesses knowledge of and performs hydraulic and pneumatic system diagnosis, repair and new installation.
- Must be skilled in the use of test equipment including but not limited to digital multimeter, clamp-on amp meter, and megger.
- Performs diagnosis repair and new installations of combustion control equipment; batch house computer and related circuits; air conditioning equipment; and controls and circuits in the powerhouse.
- Diagnoses problems and makes emergency repairs to mobile equipment
- Erects, assembles, installs, and connects equipment and machinery moving it as necessary using proper safe rigging equipment, lift truck or other means.
- Performs repairs and maintenance work on all plant equipment, machinery and systems including, but not limited to, trouble shooting, dismantling, cleaning, lubricating, repairing, replacing parts, adjusting, aligning, rebuilding, and reassembling.
- Maintains piping system for steam, water, air and other systems.
- Assists maintainers and electricians.
- Completes requisitions, time distribution, material lists, material usage lists and performs other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed
- Documents all work using work order system.
- Performs other work as required or directed by Supervisor
What You Bring to the Team:
- High school diploma or equivalent and an Industrial Electromechanical certificate from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years relatable experience
- Formalized Programmable Logic Controller education and training to include troubleshooting and programming of PLC I/O (Inputs and Outputs). Education must include the utilization Allen Bradley software for troubleshooting I/O issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program Allen Bradley AC drives.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions, policies and procedures
- Must be able to read temperature and pressure gauges
- Reads, interprets, and follows blueprints and sketches, making all measurements and calculations necessary to complete the job. Ability to read and understand Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) to troubleshoot and resolve problems with field I/O devices and circuits.
- Effective communication skills with fellow employee’s and/or department personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Willingness to learn new technology and equipment operation
- Must have own tools in order to perform job duties
- Willingness to improve technical skills through continuing education, on-site training, and other opportunities as provided.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and communicate accurately with coworkers. The employee will frequently engage in repetitive motions. The employee must frequently, lift, push or pull 25 pounds and occasionally lift, push or pull 100 pounds with assistance. Visual acuity is required to work around and with machinery including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Johns ManvilleFruita, CO
ManufacturingView All Johns Manville Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.