We are hiring PRN Speech Therapists!! We have flexible schedules and will do our best to work with you.
The Staff Speech-Language Pathologist Therapist evaluates and treats patients, communicates with families, physicians and
other health team members and maintains documentation of services in the medical records. Conducts in-services and training
for facility staff on an ongoing basis.
• Evaluate patients within twenty-four (24) hours, or 1 business day of physician referral. If unable to complete
evaluation in 24 hours, documentation in medical record clearly defines cause for delay.
• Develop effective treatment plan and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
• Treat patients per the physician treatment plan.
• Supervise Speech-Language Pathologist Assistants in direct patient care and patient related activities, following
state practice act.
• Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problem and plans.
• Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences as needed.
• Participate in in-services training program for other staff in the facility.
• Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, recertification documentation, per Speech and
Language Pathologist in the Board State Practice Act and governmental and third party payer requirements.
• Record treatment changes per policy and procedures.
• Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program and caregiver training in preparation for
discharge from therapy services.
• Participate in discharge planning.
• Act as a clinical preceptor for affiliating CFY/RFP Speech-Language Pathologist and student programs.
• Comply with the Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Bureau State Practice Act and the facility policy
• Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with patients/residents, families, staff and professional