We are hiring Full-Time and PRN Physical Therapists!! We offer competitive pay, flexible scheduling, benefits, and CEU reimbursement.
The Staff Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients, communicates with families, physicians and other health team
members and maintains documentation of services in the medical records. Conducts in-services and training for facility staff on
an ongoing basisEssential Functions of the Job
Evaluate patients within twenty-four (24) hours, or 1 business day of physician referral. If unable to complete
evaluation in 24 hours, documentation in medical record clearly defines cause for delay.
• Develop effective treatment plan and obtain approval for services from referring physician.
• Treat patients per the physician treatment plan.
• Assist nursing department with training of Restorative Aides.
• Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants in direct patient care and patient related activities, following state practice
• Communicate with supervisor and other health team members regarding patient progress, problem and plans.
• Participate in Patient Care Conferences, Utilization Review meetings and Rehabilitation Conferences as needed.
• Participate in in-services training program for other staff in the facility.
• Record evaluations, daily treatment notes, weekly progress notes, recertification documentation, per PT Board
State Practice Act and governmental and third party payer requirements.
• Record treatment changes per policy and procedures.
• Instruct patient’s families or nursing staff in maintenance program and caregiver training in preparation for
discharge from therapy services.
• Participate in discharge planning.
• Recommend and facilitate the ordering of necessary durable medical equipment for patients to facilitate
independence in mobility; i.e., braces, walkers, canes, elevated toilet seats and grab bars.
• Report any problems with department equipment so that it is maintained in good working order.
• Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with patients/residents, families, staff and professional