The Division of Infectious Diseases has 80 faculty and over 300 staff and fellows and an operating budget of $60 million per year. The Financial Analyst will develop non-sponsored budgets, oversee and review accounts, reconcile budget information, and extract and analyze financial data to assist in the management of the Division. In addition, this position will support the clinical operations by tracking provider productivity data and other important clinical metrics. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager with a reporting relationship to the Ambulatory Services Manager of the Division.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Clinical Operations Financial Management
- Develop, analyze and maintain reports measuring physician productivity in the outpatient and inpatient setting
- Prepares profit and loss statements for multiple clinics and specialties on a quarterly basis; analyzes variances for further investigation
- Create clinical operations scheduling dashboard: scheduling rates, no show rates, lag to new appointment, and percentage of new patients to maximize revenue and improve patient access to care; shares with clinical leadership; implements recommendations for improvement
- Produce volume reports analyzing monthly trends by department and billing area
- Submit the clinic charges and payments budget on an annual basis, which includes analyzing physician templates, average charge/collection rates, show/schedule rates, and resulting revenues
- Analyze the number of new/follow-up patients per provider and unique number of patients per provider for optimal panel sizes and clinic utilization; works with providers to regularly review templates
- Review physician template structures based on statistical analysis to improve revenue
- Request epic access for providers
- Review and resolve provider Epic open encounters to improve revenue and patient safety
- Perform monthly audit of clinical charges
- Provide analysis of billings by department and individual provider to maximize profitability
- Other ad hoc analysis/projects as assigned
- Reconciliation of IRB fees including monitoring account and making transfers to sponsored awards
- Profit and Loss statement for HIV/Chlamydia Lab service center on a monthly basis
- Approve non-sponsored check requests, shopping carts, and non-payroll cost transfers for division
- Monitor divisions IT assets - approve/reject purchases and monitor IT asset inventory
- Management of control salary
- Receive and deposit all incoming checks
- Serve as point of contact for the creation of new accounts
- Serve as point of contact for faculty with minimal sponsored activity
- Notify and work with HR to resolve overpayment situations
- Review all non-sponsored BW reports distributed on a monthly basis
- Make start up funds transfers for incoming faculty
- Prepare provider transfers to gift/discretionary accounts
- Prepare and review all KB15N transactions
- Monitor provider on call coverage transfers to ensure accuracy
- Review funds sitting in holding account and work with analyst to capture revenue
- Reconcile petty cash for replenishment
- Build profit and loss statements for clinical DEPs as requested
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field required. Three years progressively responsible related financial/accounting experience required. Additional experience may substitute for some education. Additional graduate level course work may substitute for some experience. Advanced knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and word processing required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of JHU SAP/BW system.
Advanced ability in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word) is required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, and leadership is essential.
Serves as a representative of the Divisions and the Department of Medicine outside of the confines of the Divisional office space. Functions as a team player and works to maintain harmonious working relationships with coworkers, peers and supervisors.
Classified Title: Financial Analyst
Working Title: Financial Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $50,700- $69,780 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10002813-SOM DOM Infectious Disease
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com . For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.