REFER A FRIEND
Web Content Coordinator-Marketing & Communications
Requisition #: 184685
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System,
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 13, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
As part of the Internet Strategy & Web Services team, the Web Content Coordinator assists in promoting Johns Hopkins Medicine's mission, brand and achievements through a wide range of digital strategies. This position is within the Web Content Unit and works in a matrixed environment. The Web Content Coordinator works closely with Web Content Specialists and collaborates with all teams within Marketing & Communications, as well as other departments throughout the health system. The position's primary responsibilities are:
- Update websites through page builds, search engine optimization and article development.
- Help develop and maintain processes to keep content development and related digital projects running smoothly.
- Write, edit, and proofread content for Web pages, applications, new media and other forms of communication to ensure consistency in style and tone as assigned.
- Support the ongoing efforts of other content team members as assigned.
- Coordinate and collaborate with web team, internal clients, M&C colleagues in media, editorial, multimedia, business stakeholders, vendors/freelancers, project managers and other contributors including usability analysts, designers, testers and developers to ensure consistency in style, tone, branding and quality of hopkinsmedicine.org subsidiary sites and other online content.
- Medical or health-related institution and Web writing experience
- Marketing communications or corporate communications writing and editing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and results of search engine optimized sites that rank high on major search engines for relevant key words
- Knowledge of HTML, understanding how copy translates to code.
Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, or Journalism or related field, or equivalent education and related training.
1-3 years of related experience
Day, Full time (40 hours)
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
901 S. Bond Street Baltimore, MD 21231
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, results-driven personality.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to write clear, concise copy
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Solid teamwork skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to utilize Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel locally as needed
- Working knowledge and experience using content management systems, social media tools and related Web applications
The position if office-based. The person may need to visit the other health system entities.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke - Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.