Financial Project Manager / Sr. Financial Analyst (hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
It is an exciting time to work in the Johns Hopkins central Information & Technology team! The team brings the Johns Hopkins Health System and University core values to life in their daily work:
- Diversity - Be open. Embrace and value different backgrounds, opinions, and experiences
- Excellence and Discovery - Be the best. Commit to exceptional quality and service by encouraging curiosity, seeking information, and creating innovation
- Leadership and Integrity – Be a role model. Inspire others to achieve their best and have the courage to do the right thing
- Respect and Collegiality – Be kind. Listen to understand and embrace others’ unique skills and knowledge
We are seeking a Financial Project Manager / Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team! This position supports an exciting portfolio of IT departments by developing & maintaining reporting, managing operational components and financial performance. This position is supervised by the Director of Finance with a great career path and follows a hybrid work location model.
Responsibilities (includes but are not limited to):
- Develops financial project plans in accordance to the defined and agreed upon initiative timelines, communicating progress through roadmap and schedule.
- Manages all aspects of financial operations (procure to pay, budget development, analysis, variance reporting) for several departments.
- Identifies, engages, and collaborates with key stakeholders from new centers of excellence.
- Initiates and assists with gathering & automating data collection to be used cross functionally across the finance team..
- Assists with developing dashboards representing operational and financial performance: changing data inputs, data transformation, and data output.
- Maintain documentation materials that serve as technical and/or end-user references.
- Provide basic support for dashboards developing, triaging and resolving simple issues to ensure prompt and effective service.
- Analyzes and investigates causes for changes in KPIs.
- Requires a professional level of knowledge as evidenced by an undergraduate degree in business, accounting, or healthcare administration.
- At least five years related financial experience.
- Possesses knowledge of corporate finance as it relates to all aspects of Academic Medicine which may include the following: budget processes, hospital and physician billing procedures and systems, cost accounting principles, monthly financial reporting, sponsored projects accounting including grant submissions.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP accounting system practice and implementation within the Johns Hopkins environment desirable.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel (able to create complex/multifaceted formulas, develop complex workbooks, generate macros, etc.).
- Brings experience developing reports in Tableau.
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Project management, customer service experience.
- Problem solving, data-oriented, self-starter.
- Able to design and architect new processes and data structures.
- Leadership skills with ability to negotiate and work collaboratively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to work closely with customers, understand, and translate their functional needs into technical requirements.
- Ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames and under tight deadlines.
- Able to coordinate the work of a diversified staff in various environments.
- Demonstrates advanced communication, interpersonal skills, and political savvy to effectively interface with leadership across the Hopkins Enterprise.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System
5801 Smith AvenueBaltimore, MD
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Johns Hopkins Health System
Get fresh Financial Analyst 2 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.