Sales Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sales Support Specialist
Sales Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting the territory sales teams, playing a key role in the overall success of the team while working in true partnership aligned with one or more internal and/or external Sales Representative. The ideal candidate is self-driven, comfortable communicating by phone, fax, and email, maintaining client information, a team player, resourceful, and has proven work history with exceptional customer service skills. This role requires excellent Organizational and Customer focused skills.
This position reports to our Fairfield, Maine facility.
- Provide back up for Sales Representative
- Manage leads by tracking and following up on calls
- Provide a consistent positive customer experience in the effective resolution of escalated issues.
- Provide backup for Sales Representative
- Act as the main contact for all internal departments to resolve issues and to drive high customer experience.
- Ensure strong partnership, and collaboration, with aligned internal Sales representative(s), and all internal departments
- Educate our customers about our services and products, companywide, in order to improve related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Territory Sales Manager to execute annual sales strategy, budget and forecast that results in territory business growth.
- Contribute to performance reviews of all territory team members.
- Suggest and develop additional administrative tools that will support the territory team.
- Generate leads through cold calling.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
- College Degree, preferably with a concentration in business or agriculture
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum six months telesales/outbound calling experience preferred.
- Sales and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently, as well as, being a strong team player
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization (phone, email & in person).
- High attention to detail.
- Organizational agility; knowing how to get things accomplished through formal and informal channels.
- Strong organizational skills
- Expert in customer service and "customer first" approach.
- Ability to freely access all areas and locations of the business.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 80% of the work day.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Johnny's Selected Seeds was established in 1973 by our Founder and Chairman, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny's mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny's is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies, and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four season lifestyles. Geographically situated halfway between Maine's mountains and its 4500-mile-long coastline, we're a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities.
If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with fellow co-owners who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny's may be the place for you!
Johnny's Selected Seeds
BusinessView all jobs at Johnny's Selected Seeds