Johnny's Selected Seeds Waterville, ME
- Expired: February 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Executive Assistant provides personalized administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. The EA works with Senior Leaders to manage and organize administrative work and facilitate effective communications accordingly. This position is full-time working closely with all members of the Senior Leadership team with special focus on the CEO and Director of Finance.
- Act as the point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients including Board members.
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence.
- Handle requests and queries appropriately.
- Maintain and arrange meetings, appointments and schedules and provide reminders.
- Make travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepare Board meeting prepack and other Board related items as needed.
- Take minutes and keep accurate records of critical information.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs and coordinate among the senior staff.
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant, Senior Executive Assistant or in other administrative positions
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English
- Exemplary planning and time management and presentation skills
- Up-to-date with advancements in office protocols and applications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Must be able to move, manipulate and operate computer equipment
- Capable of sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, pull and lift (up to 15 lbs. occasionally)
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Johnny's Selected Seeds was established in 1973 by our Founder and Chairman, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny's mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny's is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four season life style. Geographically situated halfway between Maine's mountains and it's 4500-mile-long coastline, we're a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities.
If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with fellow co-owners who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny's may be the place for you!
Johnny's Selected Seeds
BusinessView all jobs at Johnny's Selected Seeds