JOHNNY WAS is currently seeking a Store Manager for our soon to be opening Johnny Was store in San Jose, CA
The store manager is a key partner in growing the Johnny Was brand. We consider this a creative collaborative position that will allow the manager to be a part of a progressive team.
- Ability to meet and exceed store sales plan.
- Coach, develop and motivate the sales team on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to meet goals and utilizing Company tools
- Lead the sales team by example through sales efforts and customer service on the sales floor to increase profitability. Takes ownership and commitment for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
- Manages sales strategies, initiatives and growth
- Demonstrates confidence when leading the team and managing the store. Takes initiative; has a high level of ownership and accountability for results of self and others on the team.
- Understands changes in local market with potential impact on business performance and supports the execution of local sales strategies and tactics
- Acts as a brand ambassador in the local market/mall to drive brand loyalty and business (i.e. charity events, local associations, mall initiatives).
- Fosters an environment of teamwork and collaboration as well as enthusiasm and positivity.
- Evaluates performance of all team members and provides consistent and timely feedback; creates and modifies action plans for the continuous development of staff
- Resolves performance problems using appropriate communication, coaching and counseling techniques
- Implement and maintain all company standards and practices
- Complete operational tasks in a timely manner
- Manages daily operational tasks according to Johnny Was standards including selling and service expectations, operations, payroll and human resources
- Demonstrates strong business acumen; strategically forecasts, plans and budgets to the needs of the business (i.e. payrolls, staffing, etc.)
- Maintains interior and exterior upkeep of the building with partnership from the corporate office
- Understands and uses all retail systems and reporting tools
Johnny Was is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.