John Vena Inc. (JVI) is currently seeking a Sales Support Specialist to join our accomplished Sales team! The role of Sales Support Specialist is to assist Salespeople and Buyers with all facets of the sales process regarding our line of hundreds of specialty fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Duties include entering inventory, creating sales tickets and Bills of Lading, working with the sales and marketing teams to send out price list and sales proposals, and to coordinate and arrange transportation for outbound orders. Sales Support Specialists must have the skills and attention to detail to carry out clerical, computing, administrative and recordkeeping tasks efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists salespeople and buyers by entering sales orders and inventory into the computer system
- Responsible for processing and creating paperwork (shipping documents, bills of lading, price confirmations, etc.) for orders received from customers in person, by e-mail, fax, and phone
- Assists sales and marketing teams in the creation and distribution of price lists and sales proposals
- Participates in product procurement in order to fulfill customer’s orders.
- Assists the Director of Sales by collecting data related to performance tracking of customers and sales team initiatives
- Participates in “Customer Relationship Management” programs or initiatives as determined by Director of Sales and provides sales activity reports as needed
- Serves customers as a sales representative of John Vena, Inc.by answering and directing incoming phone calls, as assigned.
- Assist with procurement of transportation of outbound orders, as required
- Provides customer service in a pleasant, efficient manner on the phone, in-person and electronically.
- Maintains personal knowledge of market conditions in order to promptly answer customer’s questions regarding product availability and pricing, market trends and product seasonality
- Follows up with entered orders to ensure that every order is fulfilled, shipped and delivered on time.
- Provides back up to staff members in other customer service roles: sales teams, cashier and inventory control.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, marketing functions and programs, as assigned.
- Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs
- Represents John Vena, Inc. in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
A. Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma, or equivalent, required
· Bachelors Degree required
· One to three (1-3) years of experience in sales or administration preferred
· Produce industry experience preferred
B. Skills and Abilities
· Strong ability to work independently
· Strong basic math skills
· Proficient in computer use (Windows, Excel, Word)
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
Powered by JazzHR
John Vena Inc.