Information Technology Director - MD
- Posted: over a month ago
JSI is the leader in consulting and broadband solutions for Rural and Tier II Service Providers. Over the past several years, JSI has expanded its services from compliance and regulatory consulting to business and finance consulting. With the recent acquisition of a broadband engineering firm, JSI offers engineering, implementation, and managed services of broadband solutions. IT is a critical aspect in transforming JSI to become a full-service consulting and broadband solutions provider.
With billions of dollars of new investments every year and the critical need to extend broadband offerings across the country, the U.S. communications space has been growing rapidly, and JSI is well-positioned to partner with our clients to help them succeed.
The IT Director's goal will be to provide effective and efficient technology solutions to meet the organization's needs. The IT Director reports to CFO and ensures the user experience is both positive and predictable. The IT Director will have primary responsibility for implementing IT-related policies and procedures and ensuring the availability of necessary technical resources. The IT Director will manage both internal systems and resources as well as outsourced vendor support. The IT Director will work closely with decision-makers across the organization to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Director will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
The responsibilities of our IT Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement appropriate technical solutions and promote a sustainable technology framework.
- Oversee IT budget and allocate funds to meet organizational needs best.
- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources when applicable.
- Develop and institute data management best practices and ensure employees are trained and up to date on procedures
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization's IT infrastructure and applications.
- Actively manage our MSP and other vendor relationships and ensure the vendor is accountable and performing with service-level agreements.
- Work closely with colleagues and technology partners to support the server and network infrastructure.
- Supervise IT department team members.
- Support the implementation of IT initiatives as identified by the organization.
- Primary support of key business applications. Manage application vendor support relationships to ensure the end-users needs are met.
- Determines security vulnerabilities and associated risks and ensures data security. Maintains disaster recovery systems and provides strategic solutions that increase data safety.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; degree in the field of computer science desirable.
- Minimum of 10-12 years relevant work experience.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite, MS Windows Operating Systems, and core business software.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills. Customer service-oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. Ability to train users and communicate procedures and changes related to technology.
- Self-motivated and directed with strong organizational skills and a keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendor relationships and other IT staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Experience with RPA a plus
TechnologyView all jobs at John Staurulakis