- Rooming patients and collecting the necessary information needed for their visit such as obtaining vitals, reconciling medication list, verifying pharmacy information, and accurately documenting the reason for visit utilizing electronic medical records and paper charts.
- Collecting lab samples from patients including phlebotomy, urinalysis, and swabs; as well as administering vaccinations.
- Performing tests on patients such as ECGs and X-rays.
- Assisting the physicians with certain office procedures and minor surgeries.
- Maintaining exam rooms by keeping them organized, stocked, and clean.
- Relaying information from the doctor to the patient via in-person or over-the-phone regarding test results, inquiries, and medications.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Training Program
- Certification preferred by not required
- Familiarity with electronic medical records software (preferably Allscripts)