Assures effective distribution of assigned company products and attainment of designated sales objectives by carrying out duties and responsibilities of selling, servicing and merchandising of company products to accounts within assigned area.
· Adheres strictly to account service schedule and route assignments as directed by the Sales Manager and Business Unit Manager.
· Develops a working knowledge of credits, reporting credit problems or complaints, and prepares prior to delivery by knowing what credit procedure and/or policy applies before delivery is made, and calling Credit Department when needed for deviation from otherwise normal delivery.
· Assumes responsibilities for the following on/off sales activities:
- Checks company products and point-of-sale within each account to ensure proper distribution, position, and merchandise of products.
- Pulls forward, stocks and rotates products as necessary and/or required.
- Takes a complete and total inventory of company products within accounts, as required, not including products on shelf.
- While taking inventory, checks code dates and makes a written notation of codes on route card for follow-up.
- In taking orders, builds to appropriate inventory, taking into consideration current sales trends for that account. If account places an order, still takes inventory prior to receiving order from retailer, so that rep. may suggest additional sales as the situation requires, based on past sales and/or current sales.
- At this point, attempts to sell account new items, promote displays, improve box positions, and install and/or book point-of-sale material, in order to increase sale of company products.
· Checks point-of-sale material to ensure that it is in an effective area, operational, and clean.
· Checks prices of products selling on shelves.
· Communicates to the assigned accounts pertinent information, including but not limited to, advertising, prices, company and/or brewery programs, and sales trends.
· Offers suggestions for increasing sales of company products through merchandising concepts, including but not limited to, floor displays, permanent point-of-sale material, product promotion, etc., to the retailers. (This does not mean you tell the account how to run the business).
· Records appropriate information after each sale, and makes other reports as required.
· Makes night calls when necessary to keep in touch with account key personnel.
· Collects bad checks and calls on the accounts that are slow paying, and collects or makes arrangements with the retailer to pay debts owed through Credit Manager.
· Assures constant effort to gain non-buying accounts by calling on them at least once a month, and so documenting.
· Develops new draft accounts in assigned area.
· Communicates to the Business Unit Manager all pertinent information and changes affecting assigned accounts.
· Submits reports requested by management.
· Assists in training new personnel.
· Completes any other job assignment delegated by the Business Unit Manager.
· Ability to understand complex verbal and written instructions.
· Good communication skills.
· Previous sales experience.
· Knowledgeable of the beer distributing business.
· Good human relations skills.
· Ability to follow-up on details.
· Good team player.