John Moriarty & Associates Inc. of VA (JMAV) is seeking a full time Safety Supervisor to manage several construction projects located in the DC metro area.
The Safety Supervisor will be responsible for managing the safety and health requirements on all of JMAV projects. The Safety Supervisor will oversee all aspects of construction safety related to the project including:
• Pre-job safety meetings with subcontractors
• Site safety orientations
• Site walkthroughs and inspections with focus on hazard recognition, resolution, and OSHA compliance
• Jobsite OSHA recordkeeping
• Incident/injury investigation and recordkeeping
The ideal candidate will have a college degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related fields and 3– 5 years construction safety experience as well as fluency speaking and understanding Spanish.
· Proficiency in understanding and speaking Spanish
· Experience with construction cranes, fall protection, scaffolding, confined-space, steel erection, cast in place, and pre-cast concrete erection
· OSHA 30 hour, 40 hour HAZWOPER, and other construction safety related trainings
The candidate should be located within daily driving distance of metro D.C. and will be traveling between different jobsites on a daily basis. The position will require moderate physical activity, including climbing stairs and ladders, and walking on rough terrain.
John Moriarty & Associates of Virginia, LLCFounded in Boston in 1985, John Moriarty & Associates has grown to become one of the most respected construction management firms in the industry. JMA has developed a construction process that is responsive and detail-oriented, and combines proactive and aggressive preconstruction strategies during the design process with a hands-on approach for the duration of the project. Five regional locations offer preconstruction consulting, construction management, and general construction for new buildings, building additions, renovations, and the fit-out of interior spaces. JMA’s work is 100% negotiated, and is most often completed for repeat clients. In today’s competitive business climate, we still believe in the value of keeping our word – this translates into meeting deadlines, maintaining budgets and delivering quality construction.