Summer Marketing Internship
- Expired: March 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summer Internship Opportunity - Marketing
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center, a nationally acclaimed visual and performing arts complex located in downtown Sheboygan, Wisconsin, is seeking a Marketing Intern for the summer. The Intern will work closely with the Marketing team, Arts Center staff members, and community business leaders in promoting, executing, and evaluating marketing efforts surrounding the summer concert series and other Arts Center initiatives. This beginner general marketing internship will focus on design, social media platforms, digital marketing, media relations, public relations, SEO/SEM, copy writing, database management, analytics, and strategy. (Software platforms and marketing skills will be taught by senior marketing personnel). Specific areas of focus depend on departmental needs and the intern's skills and interests. Upon completing the internship, the intern will have completed a variety of components for their portfolio.
- Develop a plan to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing efforts for the summer concert series and Midsummer Festival of the Arts utilizing attendance records and analytics. Google Analytics, Email Metrics, and Social Media Analytics will be taught.
- Create and implement a survey to capture information from Arts Center visitors, concert attendees, and Midsummer Festival of the Arts Attendees. Compile, analyze, and report survey results.
- Develop and post social media content for various Arts Center platforms.
- Assist with creative marketing components for events including social media posts, flyers, press releases, radio commercials, email blasts, etc. Instructions on various marketing software will be provided.
- Help to develop marketing databases to reach target audiences.
- Represent the Arts Center at events, including Thursday Nights Summer Concert Series throughout the summer, Midsummer Festival of the Arts July 15th and 16th, Art Center's participation in 4th of July parade, and the Chair City Celebration in August
- Assist with creating short promotional videos for digital marketing and provide strategic insight on reaching a younger demographic.
- Attend weekly planning meetings with Arts Center staff members and city representatives.
- Frequently move supplies weighing up to 25 pounds, including transporting and installing tables, chairs, tents, and signage.
- Assist with office/file organization, data-entering, proofing promotions, and office administrative duties.
- Frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, Thursday evenings, and some weekends
- Currently obtaining or have completed a degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of social media platforms and how to operate a smart phone camera.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to learn new digital marketing platforms via online courses and training.
Summer 2023 Internship Dates
June 5-August 25, 2023 (may be flexible)
30 hours a week, including some nights and weekends
This is a paid internship. Interns may also be eligible to receive course credit for this internship through their school, but it is the intern's responsibility to pursue this option through their school or university.
To be considered for an internship, please submit a resume and cover letter. Cover letter should include dates applicant is available, what skills, abilities, and experiences the candidate brings to the position, and how the internship relates to candidate's long-term goals.
Applications received by February 10, 2023, will be given first consideration. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
BusinessView all jobs at John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Get fresh Marketing Intern jobs daily straight to your inbox!