Museum Educator/Tour Guide
- Expired: September 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Does working in a peaceful and creative workspace inspire you? Are you someone who enjoys the arts and would love an opportunity to enhance perspectives on contemporary art pieces? If so this position is for you! We're hiring for a part time Museum Educator to give tours at our Art Center and Art Preserve working 10-15 hours a week. Hours include working Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and some flexibility to work evenings and weekends. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Facilitate participatory tours using education department standards and overviews for visitors of all ages, focusing primarily on k-12 school visits, at both the Arts Center and Art Preserve.
- Assist in staffing the Social Studio as needed.
- Prepare materials for programs and help clean-up and organize materials after programs.
- Participate in all docent training meetings and curatorial briefings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to effectively communicate with and engage visitors through developmentally appropriate questions and vocabulary.
- Appreciation and understanding of art creativity.
- Excellent communication and time management.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work on evenings and weekends as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Basic customer service
- Ability to speak to a diverse crowd
To promote a safe and healthy work environment all employees working in our facilities are required to be fully vaccinated. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis, in accordance with applicable law.
John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Get fresh Museum Guide jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.