John Michael Kohler Art Center Sheboygan, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $90,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical
Do you have a marketing leadership experience that you’d love to combine with your passion for the arts? Would you like to work for world-class arts center with a national audience? Do you appreciate working a non-profit, mission-based organization that also realizes the importance of engaging top external partners to assist in the branding, marketing, and promotion of the organization?
John Michael Kohler Arts Center in Sheboygan, WI, is currently seeking a Marketing Director to serve as the leader of the marketing team to create, direct, and implement an integrated marketing and communications strategy for the purpose of audience development, branding and support of philanthropic efforts.
- With the Director of the Center, determines the messaging, strategic marketing, branding and public relations strategy for the organization and identifies target markets and promotional opportunities.
- Develops and implements audience development strategies from a marketing and public relations perspective. Works collaboratively with Arts Center department heads to develop program- and department-specific public relations strategies consistent with the overall Arts Center strategies and tailored to meet specific markets.
- Develops and implements a media relations plan. Proactively reaches out to media, writes press releases for some regional and all national media, and pitch stories of import for regional and national outlets and measures outcome. Builds external relationships to enhance public relations and marketing efforts with national media, tourism leaders, and various national, regional, and local vendors for media buys.
- Develops and implements a strategic electronic media campaign including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other outlets as appropriate, measuring effectiveness and taking appropriate action dependent on results.
- Effectively leads and manages marketing and communications staff, including coaching, performance reviews, talent management, and all other supervisory responsibilities.
- Manages the online presence, including the Arts Centers’ web site development implementation, and content management.
- In cooperation with the development team and using out donor/patron database, uses marketing segmentation and other marketing tactics to increase visibility, drive audience attendance, increase the diversity of audiences, increase revenue, increase awareness and build membership for the Arts Center.
- Directs the production of over 50 pieces of marketing collateral each year across all program areas and departments including a full-color, bi-monthly newsletter, ensuring the highest quality and accuracy of content and making sure all collateral is free of grammatical errors.
- As appropriate, acts as spokesperson for the organization and coordinates and coaches other staff members as appropriate.
- Works in tandem with the development team to determine effective communication strategies for fund raising campaigns.
- The ideal candidate will be intelligent, engaging, dynamic, and creative, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field is required (master’s degree preferred).
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create and execute a strategic marketing and communications plan.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated success and relevant experience in a similar role that includes management of a professional marketing department, preferably with a nonprofit arts or cultural organization.
- Demonstrated success in audience development using targeted marketing segmentation methods and traditional and social media tools; ability to think creatively, and to be innovative and resourceful.
- The ideal candidate is both a highly strategic thinker and superb tactical public relations expert, capable of engaging at all levels and with multiple constituents of the organization. Has the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, databases, websites, and social media.
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we have a strong organizational commitment to racial equity. People of color, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if we can help make the application or hiring process more accessible for you.
The 100,000-square-foot Arts Center comprises ten galleries, a flexible performance space, studio-classrooms, meeting spaces, SHOP, and CAFE. The Arts Center also has an adjunct site: ARTspace, an exhibition space and shop in The Shops at Woodlake in Kohler Village. In 2021, the Arts Center will open the Art Preserve, a new building dedicated to the display and study of JMKAC’s collection of artist-built environments.
John Michael Kohler Art Center
A nationally acclaimed visual and performing arts complex in downtown Sheboygan, the John Michael Kohler Arts Center is devoted to innovative explorations in contemporary art. Central to its mission is promoting an understanding and appreciation of the work of self-taught and contemporary artists through original exhibitions, commissioned works of art, performing arts programming, community arts initiatives, and publications. The Arts Center’s collections focus primarily on works by environment builders, self-taught and folk artists, and works created in the Arts/Industry residency program. The 100,000-square-foot Arts Center comprises ten galleries, a flexible performance space, studio-classrooms, meeting spaces, SHOP, and CAFE. The Arts Center also has an adjunct site: ARTspace, an exhibition space and shop in The Shops at Woodlake in Kohler Village. In 2021, the Arts Center will open the Art Preserve, a new building dedicated to the display and study of JMKAC’s collection of artist-built environments.
608 New York AveSheboygan, WI
BusinessView all jobs at John Michael Kohler Art Center