Job Summary: The Registered Nurses primary purpose is to provide routine nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures and current state regulations, as well as supervising personal care assistants, certified nursing assistants and medications technicians, and assures resident safety at all times.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Observe and evaluate residents for care needs.
- Provide nursing care according to physician orders and service plans to meet the physical, social and psychological needs of residents.
- Give direct nursing care, utilizing skill and judgment, as prescribed by the physician within the scope of practice and the rules and regulations for assisted living facilities.
- Administer all medications in accordance with the 5 medication rights, right residents, right medication, right dose, right time and right route. Documents accurately and thoroughly on the MAR.
- Take physician orders, including the proper noting of the orders and arranging for the orders to be implemented.
- Get shift report and check staffing, lab reports and incident reports.
- Coordinate admissions, transfers and discharges.
- Provide direction and supervision to personal care aides, certified nursing assistants and medication technicians.
- Review resident care and recommend changes and implement changes when needed.
- Co-sign with the Licensed Practical Nurses on Physician Orders for Home Health.
- Review and report all incidents and unusual occurrences for residents, staff or visitors in a timely manner and conduct proper follow up.
- Assure notification of physician, family, Director of Nursing and Administrator when a resident becomes ill or is injured.
- Document on report sheet and in the nurse’s notes as appropriate.
- Participate in case conferences, in-services and staff meetings.
- Attend to resident complaints and requests, including answering them, required documentation and reporting to supervisor and or the Director of Nursing and the Administrator.
- Assure resident rights and dignity is maintained at all times.
- Keep the Director of Nursing and Administrator informed of any and all problems at all times.
- Maintain a safe environment for residents, visitors and staff. Take action to remove safety hazards and prevent injury.
- Cooperate with other departments and support staff in the delivery of care and services to the residents.
- Assure resident safety at all times.
DFWP & EOE