Technologies and Capabilities Subject Matter Expert
- Expired: October 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
JHNA is seeking a Technologies and Capabilities Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA.
The primary role of the Technologies and Capabilities Subject Matter Expert (SME) is to provide analysis, assessments, and technical assistance to support DoD technology modernization priorities that accelerate capability delivery to the warfighter.
Daily work is conducted as an integrated team member of the Multi-Domain Joint Operations (MDJO) organization under the Deputy Chief Technology Officer for Mission Capabilities (DCTO(MC)) within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)).
Primary responsibilities focus on providing assessment and integration of joint warfighting requirements to support the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (USD(R&E)) as the technical advisor to the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC). Other responsibilities include support to the Joint Warfighting Concept (JWC) by developing and refining concept-required capabilities and mission-level concepts to enable more focused mission-engineering analysis, prototyping, and experimentation activities within OUSD(R&E).
The Technologies and Capabilities SME will:
- Provide coordination and analysis of requirements, concepts, capabilities-based assessments, and concepts of operation to support USD(R&E) as the technical advisor to the JROC.
- Support JROC actions related to JWC-driven, threat-informed requirements generation, to include Capability Portfolio Management Review issues, and other topics within MDJO's purview.
- Prepare OUSD(R&E) executive leadership for Joint Capability Board (JCB) and JROC meetings in coordination with other offices across OUSD(R&E).
- Provide situational awareness to OUSD(R&E) SMEs and coordination to facilitate their involvement in JROC-related topics within their purview.
- Provide selective support to Functional Capability Board (FCB) meetings aligned with the JWC to increase OUSD(R&E) influence and shaping of JWC-derived requirements.
- Facilitate OUSD(R&E) awareness of Combatant Command Integrated Priorities Lists, Capability Gap Analysis results/issues, and Joint Emerging Operational Needs/Joint Urgent Operational Needs.
- Perform knowledge management tasks to facilitate awareness of requirement/issues across OUSD(R&E).
- Communicate across OUSD(R&E) to ensure research, science, technology, engineering, and innovation efforts are informed in part by JWC priorities.
- Facilitate awareness of mission thread analysis and prototyping/experimentation results in JWC-forums.
- Provide SME support and technical analysis to CPMRs, Globally Integrated Wargames, and other JWC initiatives to further refine JWC gaps, CRCs, and mission-level concepts.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of technical experience.
- Technical expertise in any aspect of Joint Fires
- Operational experience related to Fires
- Military or OSD experience.
- Experience working with the Joint Staff J8 in the military requirements process
- Knowledge of the Defense Acquisition System
- Program Management experience including Technology Transition
- Knowledge of the OUSD(R&E) organization, roles and responsibilities
- Master's degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline related to the work required of this position.
- TS/SCI clearance
John H. Northrop & Associates
Get fresh Matter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.