This position requires a strongly committed and mechanically inclined person for large volume cooking/smoking of meat products. Must be able to work independently including overtime and weekends.
• Perform all functions related to the operations of all smokehouse procedures and specifications.
• Complete HACCP training and document training.
• Load and unload product into ovens.
• Monitor product and oven cook cycles.
• Perform cleaning procedures of ovens.
• Work to increase efficiencies and product quality.
• Complete required Smokehouse documentation paperwork.
• Verify work and storage areas are maintained safe, clean and organized.
• Prevent and minimize rework and inedible.
• Knowledge and understanding of Smokehouse Ovens.
• Follow all company GMP’s and SOP standards.
• Follow all safety procedures.
• Work with departmental team members and supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to perform repetitive functions
• Must adhere to all company policies and regulatory guidelines
• Must be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor
• Must be able to work in a team oriented environment
• Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision
• Must have a Math aptitude
• Must read and write English
• Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time (10-12 hours total)
• Able to work in extreme environments, including refrigerated & excessive heat (32- 100 degrees F.)
• Must be able to repeatedly lift over 50 lbs.
• Must be able to push/pull levered weights between 25 and 1,500 lbs.
• Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and grasp routinely throughout shift
John F. Martin & Sons, LLC.
Why Work Here?John F. Martin & Sons, LLC, is a 3rd/4th generation, family owned manufacturer & distributor of quality meat & cheese products. We are committed to the satisfaction, safety, well-being, and professional development of our employees. If you’re looking for a stable career with a dedicated employer that has a proven track record for success and is continuously growing as an essential business, we welcome you to join our team!
We are an essential company looking for essential employees.