JFK Memorial Hospital has provided medical care to residents in the Coachella Valley since 1966. A group of physicians, including Dr. Reynaldo Carreon, founded the hospital and today one of JFK s cross streets is named in his honor. Originally called Indio Community Hospital, JFK has grown to a 145-bed acute-care hospital that is part of Tenet Healthcare California. It offers a variety of services, including: Emergency care 24/7 Orthopedic and joint replacement services using emerging technology Cardiovascular services Maternity care and pediatric services Ambulatory surgery center Imaging services Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
- The Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT) works as a member of the Cardiovascular Cath Lab (CCL) team of medical professionals.
- Under direction of the CCL Director, the CVT is responsible for assisting physicians during diagnostic & interventional procedures by performing Scrub, Circulator, or Monitor functions.
- The technologist is responsible for the operation & maintenance of equipment and supplies in the CCL.
- The technologist must possess the knowledge & skills level of basic and complex invasive procedures which may include PTCA, stents, IABP placement and operation, thrombolysis procedures, coils, and peripheral interventions.
- The CVT is responsible for patient safety in the CCL and must be able to recognize cardiac arrhythmias and respond according to emergency protocols, operate external cardiac pacemaker and defibrillator.
- The technologist must be willing and able to rotate through the following roles:
Performs surgical prep and draping of the patient, assists the physician with equipment operation & device preparation. Equipment includes needles, wires, catheters, and medications.
Moves about the lab during the procedure providing equipment to the scrub tech. as needed. Attends to the needs of the patient as well as ensuring proper use of patient monitoring equipment. Assists in adhering to aseptic sterile technique.
Monitors vital signs during the procedure. Documents the procedure and creates a medical record. Records intra-cardiac/arterial pressures and waveforms. Is responsible for interdepartmental communications.
- Associates Degree in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology or Cardiovascular Technologist Certificate from an accredited school or eligible for the RCIS exam administered by CCI, completion within one year of hire date.
- Minimum of three years experience in a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory.
- Certification in Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Support, must obtain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire date.
- Preferred Current California American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Licensure with Current California Fluoroscopy Certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicants or employees race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.