There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Champaign
Function: Marketing / Sales
Title: Part-Time Student - JDTIC Research Specialist - Champaign, IL - 63514
- As an Agricultural Information Researcher at the John Deere Technology Innovation Center (JDTIC) you will conduct literature research on a wide variety of agricultural topics.
- You will utilize internal and publicly-available resources to research crop, soil, and environmental questions.
- You will assemble and synthesize this information and assist with developing professional reports.
What It Takes
- Advanced search techniques to find information resources and the ability to evaluate these sources for validity and relevance
- Ability to assemble and synthesize information in a coherent and professional manner
- Ability to follow detailed methods to complete reviews
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm to learn agricultural topics
- Ability to work autonomously while providing regular updates to team members
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) proficiently
- Ideally, you will have a B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in the following: Library & Information Science, English, Communications, Agricultural Sciences, or related field
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Graduation date May 2021 - requirement of the program is you are available to work a minimum of 12 months prior to graduation.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16 - 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 - 40 hours/week during the summer semester
A Strong Candidate Will Also Have
- Experience using agriculture, science, and technology databases (Google Scholar, Web of Science, specific agricultural journals, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with locating relevant information within journal articles
- Knowledge of the agriculture industry
- Relevant coursework (iSchool, English, Crop Science, etc)
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.