Electrical Hardware Systems Engineer - 88792
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As an Electrical Hardware Systems Engineer for John Deere located in Dubuque, IA you will provide technical and project leadership for defining the electrical systems architecture and component selection within the excavator product line. In addition, you will:
- Plan, lead, and execute technology and electrical hardware Product Development Process (PDP) projects for current and future programs
- Develop architectures, designs, interfaces, and requirements. Perform requirements analysis, system design/architecture and reviews.
- Develop and maintain electrical system design specifications and component design specifications.
- Assist in defining the technology features, vision, and technically feasible strategies on excavators, analyzing customer needs and marketing requirements.
- Provide technical leadership on complex designs and issues, support physical builds and production launches, testing, customer field evaluations, and EDPR/QIT teams to rapidly address early field issues and emerging quality problems.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of off highway hydraulic, electrical, or powertrain systems development for program implementation
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in electrical systems development for off highway applications
- Experience with modeling tools for harness routing and drawing creation (Creo/JD Cabling, Capital Harness, etc.) and experience working with electrical suppliers
- Experience working with system requirements, electronic hardware, circuit design and analysis
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to break complex tasks down into executable action items
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience diagnosing and resolving vehicle system performance issues on electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, or electro-mechanical systems
- J1939 CAN, EMB 32, and design diagnostics experience
- Excavator vehicle system design or test experience
- Systems Engineering education, training or demonstrated capability
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (preferably but not limited to Electrical Engineering) or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Please visit the John Deere website to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
ManufacturingView all jobs at John Deere
Get fresh Electrical Hardware Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.