There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more...many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 180-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is one of the world´s biggest producers of agricultural machinery and one of the most important in the area of golf and turf equipment. Our name represents high quality, reliability and innovation.
The European Technology Innovation Center (ETIC) of John Deere, located in Kaiserslautern, is part of a global R&D network. Its focus is on research on and development of future trends and technologies around mobile agricultural, turf and construction machines – software and data is playing a key role in these trends. The number of data sources is growing at an enormous speed and is already today unimaginably huge – also John Deere machines are sending data from the field to the cloud. To extract value out of the data, enterprises like Deere need IT adventurers well versed in groundbreaking technologies: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is going to be as core to John Deere as an engine and transmission is.
Therefore the European Technology Innovation Center is looking for a smart and creative talent:
Full-Stack Mobile Developer (m/f/d)
You are working on the set-up of a newly created cloud solution enabling digital products for John Deere machines. With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You will support the design of required system components, interfaces and infrastructure components for the integration of data from various systems, services, and machines. Demonstrating deep and diverse knowledge of full-stack technologies - from back-end to front-end, from testing to deployment - will be your task as well. You will be an active member of an agile team and will work closely with teams across different locations and time zones.
- University degree in Business Informatics, Computer Science or comparable qualification
- 1+ years of professional experience as a software developer in the development of mobile phone applications and back-end services
- 1+ years of experience with Native iOS development in Objective C, Swift, Coredata, XCode, TestFlight.
- 1+ years of experience with Android mobile development
- Broad Experience in working with continuous integration tools (like GitHub or Jenkins), building pipelines and test automation
- Knowledge and experience of agile working methods such as Scrum or Kanban
- Structured and transparent approach to requirements engineering, architecting, deployment and maintenance
- Fluent English skills with an excellent faculty of expression in word and writing
- Good German skills are desirable
- 1+ years of experience with agile processes and Extreme Programming (XP) practices (such as: Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery).
- You have good analytical, conceptual and process-related skills
- Development and Operations (DevOps) Mindset and eager to learn new things and further develop staying up to date with the latest technologies as well as contribution by having an agile mindset and customer centric thinking
- You demonstrate a distinctive solution orientation, while quality and pragmatism are not mutually exclusive for you
This makes you stand out:
- Knowledge and experience in usage of back-end technologies, preferably Java, Python, and common frameworks like Node.js for at least 1+ years
- Experience in using cloud technologies like AWS, Docker, OpenStack, or Azure for at least 1+ years
- 1+ years’ experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e. g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Ability to work on different levels of abstraction, from low-level coding to architecture
- Experience in C++
- You have an outstanding will to get things accomplished and show strong individual responsibility
- 1+ years of experience with React Native and other cross platform libraries
What you’ll get:
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
In addition, John Deere is offering competitive compensation and extensive benefits packages like:
- Flexible working hours
- Employer-funded pension
- Individual development plans
- Member of corporate benefits - employee discount program
To learn more about John Deere´s higher purpose please feel free to watch following video:
Developer´s at John Deere develop the next-generation technologies that change how farmers connect, explore, and interact with machines and the information they provide. We are looking for fast thinking players to join our company. So, if you're looking for a place to work that values innovation, leadership and creativity, please apply online.