John Deere Kernersville
- Posted: over a month ago
- Compensation is based on experience. The range is between $28.02 - $32.92 per hour.
- Actively work on and engage with all department projects, tasks, and objectives.
- Demonstrate experience with automation equipment. Manage configuration and versions of programmable devices, hardware, and systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's).
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance repairs and work on a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, electronic, and electromechanical production equipment and building systems. Must be familiar with typical mechanics hand tools, precision measuring instruments and electrical test equipment such as multi meters.
- Assist with set up and initial operator activities and installation of new equipment.
- Troubleshoot (diagnose and resolve) breakdowns of hydraulic, pneumatic, and high voltage electrical systems without assistance. Root cause analysis.
- Perform work utilizing layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches, drawings, or verbal instructions.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose CNC equipment. Perform maintenance, repair, and calibration on equipment such as control systems of numerically controlled machines (CNC) as well as controlling or machining operations. Conduct operational test and repair equipment by disassembling required components, repairing and/or replacing faulty parts reassembling and adjusting equipment. Determine proper setting for timing and control mechanisms.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety procedures and critical facility work rules. Must be familiar with proper chemical handling procedures and processes, local codes, cooling systems and chillers. Proper handling of chemicals and ability to read and understand SDS documents.
- Maintain a work environment that is clean, orderly, and free of safety hazards.
- Complete all required safety program objectives and training.
- Take an active part in cost reduction and continuous improvement programs.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards as well as absolute personal and intellectual integrity, mature judgement and have the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour 2-3-2 schedule, with assignment of the night shift group.
- Must have working knowledge and ability to adhere to the following working standards:
- Lock-out/Tag-out LOTO procedures.
- Confined space
- Working at elevated heights
- Powered industrial trucks forklifts, boom-lifts, man-lifts
- Wearing various types of respirators
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED is required. 2-3 years of trade school (or equivalent experience) is preferred.
- 3-5 years of Industrial Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician experience. CNC equipment/repair is a plus.
- Must have (Strong) working knowledge of, and be able to service PLC Logic Controllers, NC/CNC Controllers, AC/DC motor control circuits, hydraulics, pneumatics, automated machining and cutting equipment, robotic welding systems, and other various automated processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and SAP and ability to use a PC and email
- Working knowledge and experience of electrical systems rated 460 volts 3 phase thru 110 volts single phase. Control electrical circuits 120 volts thru 12 volts.
- Working knowledge of electrostatic paint processes and overhead cranes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in oral and written form with operators, Team Leads and Engineers on workmanship, manufacturability and process/design issues. Interface and pass down information between cross function personnel of incoming and outgoing shifts.
- Work independently with a high degree of quality and reliability so that the equipment is capable of operating within the required specifications.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds manually and repetitively.
John Deere Kernersville
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?