Senior Sustainability & LCA Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Job Opportunity at JBE: Senior Sustainability & LCA Consultant
We are seeking a qualified and motivated Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our LCA Practice Team. The successful candidate will develop, manage, and deliver a variety of sustainability-focused projects for clients in the U.S. and globally, focused on life cycle assessment, as well as provide technical leadership and guidance to our consulting team.
- Deliver sustainability consulting services to clients in a variety of sectors, including consumer products, packaging, materials industries, agriculture, and food and beverage. Services could include:
- Life cycle assessment studies
- Product and corporate carbon footprinting
- Data collection and analysis
- Impact determination and analysis
- Sustainability and ESG reporting
- Sustainability strategy advising,
- Messaging/claims development.
- Interact, collaborate, and maintain successful relationships with clients.
- Conduct and/or oversee quality assurance on project deliverables to ensure they adhere to internal or external guidelines or standards.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff.
- Support business development activities and proposal development with new and existing clients.
- 4+ years of experience in sustainability (consulting experience preferred)
- Experience performing life cycle assessments, carbon footprints, and greenhouse gas inventories
- Experience using LCA modeling software, such as openLCA, SimaPro, GaBi, or Umberto (openLCA and/or GaBi preferred)
- Knowledge of LCA standards and guidelines (e.g., ISO 14040/44, ISO 14067)
- Interest or familiarity with sustainability reporting frameworks and target-setting (e.g. GHG Protocol, GRI, CDP, SBTi, etc.)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong quantitative or technical background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely, all employees work remotely from home
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and balance competing priorities
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Why work for us?
John Beath Environmental, LLC (JBE) is a boutique sustainability and environmental compliance consulting firm unlike any other. We are scientists and engineers on a mission to make a positive impact on the natural environment and the clients we support. Our company motto is “Striving to make something better every day”, and we walk the walk. We do so by leveraging each of our unique skills and expertise to tackle challenging, cutting-edge projects and help our clients rise as leaders in sustainability and environmental compliance. We have long-term relationships with most of our clients, cultivating a culture of trust in the client-consultant partnership and enabling us to be more selective about the type of work we take on.
It’s a priority for us to pursue the projects and services that excite our employees so they can enjoy fulfilling careers. At the same time, our company culture values employees for who they are and what they bring to the table much more than for how many billable hours they complete in a week. Our employees feel the experience of working for JBE is so different than other consulting firms, they’ve dubbed JBE a “next generation” consulting company. We’re humbled, by just doing what seems right.
We prioritize our employees first, while still judiciously managing profits. We’re a flat organization with a family feel, and we’re serious about achieving a work-life balance for all team members. As our employee, you will enjoy full-time benefits (health insurance, vacation, holidays, 401K match, etc.) starting at a commitment of 20 hours per week, with scaled benefit packages for hourly commitments at 20, 25, 30, or 35 hours per week. We’ll work with you to meet the hourly and desired pay tier that works for you. You’ll also get to set your own schedule and revise it as needed. Plus, work from home, or wherever you’d like! Our employees are located across the US, and we all work together remotely.
We have a seat open at the table, and we’d love for you to join us.
Some of the highlights of joining our team
- “Full time” at less than 40 hrs/week: You enjoy full-time benefits starting at 20 hours per week, with scaled benefit packages for hourly commitments at 20, 25, 30, or 35 hours per week. We’ll work with you to meet the hourly and desired pay tier that works for you.
- Flexible schedule: You can set your own schedule and revise it as needed. Many of us are working moms and dads, or have side-projects, business ventures, and/or hobbies, and we get the need for a flexible schedule.
- Work from home: Actually, work from wherever you’d like! As long as you have your laptop and access to internet, you’re good to go. All our employees work remotely.
- Compelling work: We are committed to contracting the type of work that excites our employees. Interested in working on a new type of project? Let us know.
- Continual learning: We want you to continue to grow and learn at JBE, so we provide opportunities to attend conferences and trainings on the newest information and trends.
- We value you: You will be valued as part of the JBE team for who you are and what you bring to the table much more than for how many billable hours you crank out.
John Beath Environmental, LLC
Energy and Environment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?